Photo

Anyone used Mexican Wedding Photos photographers?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Simistar

Simistar
  • 645 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 09:18 PM

Hi there,

Just wondering is anyone has used this company before?
    They come recommended from a photographer we couldn't afford:-)
    Just wondering if anyone has used them and can tell me about their experience?

(I searched the forum and couldn't find anything...)

Thanks!

#2 pepper55

pepper55
    • 90 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 05:37 PM

Did you ever find anything about Mexican Wedding Photos? I'm considering them as well, Claudia is just a little out of the price range for me...

#3 Simistar

Simistar
      • 645 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:50 PM

The photos on their website look great -- and we were really interested in them...

I e-mailed back and forth with a woman named Marlet, who was quick to respond...But just as I was about to put down a deposit, she seemed to disappear off e-mail! I didn't hear from her for days (which was weird b/c she'd been so quick to reply before), so I went into a photo-panic (worried we wouldn't be able to find someone we liked and who was available on our date etc) -- and found another photographer we liked and we booked him...

Marlet e-mailed me the day after we booked with the other guy to say she'd been having internet problems! So I feel badly, but what could I do? I had no idea what had happened!:-)

Anywaaay, to answer your question (finally:-)) -- no, I didn't hear anything more about them from other brides, although someone from Claudia's team recommended them and told me they were very reliable and professional...
        And for what it's worth -- if we hadn't booked with the other photographer, we'd still be going with Mexican Wedding Photos...

Good luck:-)

#4 pepper55

pepper55
        • 90 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 10:16 PM

Thanks! I'll give shoot them a note and see if they're avail...

#5 bride2010

bride2010
          • 424 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:44 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Simistar
            so I went into a photo-panic (worried we wouldn't be able to find someone we liked and who was available on our date etc) -- and found another photographer we liked and we booked him...
            Just curious...Which photographer did you end up booking...I'm still looking around myself.
            http://i817.photobuc....ogotest1-3.jpg
            26 Booked + Bride & Groom
            "Before the light I will rescue, and then we'll begin to start it all over again" ...pete murrayHappily married to my best friend...

#6 Simistar

Simistar
            • 645 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:43 AM

We ended up booking with Michael Maurus (his company is Cancun Wedding Photography)...

Wedding Photographer for Cancun, Riviera Maya

I actually asked him to send me some more of his portfolio work to look at than what's on his site, and the stuff he sent me was great (better than what he's got on his web site IMHO...more candid, less posey than what's on his site)...Plus, he sent me stuff where he used a fish-eye lens and it looked super funky...
              (and, of course, he, or his assistant, were super quick to respond to e-mails...so no panic attacks for me:-))

There's also another photography company mentioned in a thread titled "Claudia vs Vanessa Vargas" or something like that...

It's:

Zasil Studio I Advertizing, Documentry & Wedding Photographer I Riviera Maya

Their pictures look great -- though there wasn't any pricing info posted...

For us -- Michael Maurus just seemed to come across as easy to work with (he's got a video you can watch on his site of a TTD session at a water fountain, and you can tell by watching he really gets into what he does...it's under the "about us" section) -- and totally willing to be creative if we let him...and he was the right price:-)

(I think him and Mexican Wedding Photos are about the same price-wise...)

I know -- the whole photography thing can be FRUSTRATING:-)

Good luck...let me know if there's any other info I can help with!

#7 pdcbride09

pdcbride09
              • 76 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:22 PM

on Zasil's website..their prices are on there! you just have to navigate the site the correct way. I believe their services start at $3300. It is under their "info" section. You have to click on the blue circle, then select weddings..it's under there

#8 pdcbride09

pdcbride09
                • 76 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:24 PM

oh..another thing..Simistar..how did you get a member of Claudia's team to recommend another photographer?? Did you inform them that they were out of your budget?? I just don't see them offering someone's services besides theirs.....

#9 Simistar

Simistar
                  • 645 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:04 PM

Yes -- I LOVE Claudia's work, but alas, alack, out of my budget:-)

I asked one of her assistants who I had been e-mailing with about any recommendations, and that's the one she came up with...
                    (I actually think most photogs will recommend another photographer if you let them know they're out of your price range...)

Hope I wasn't supposed to keep that a secret:-) -- but I don't think so:-)

#10 MomentsThatMatter

MomentsThatMatter
                    • Vendor
                    • 2,015 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:16 PM

I think you did the right thing and nobody would blame you. You couldn't get a hold of your photogrpher so you booked another.
                      You'll have great pics!
                      Have fun and keep smiling
                      Lincoln & Lori @ Moments that Matter Photography
                      Playa Del Carmen Wedding Photographers - Mexico - Cancun - & Mayan Riviera
                      Web: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/
                      Blog: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/blog/
                      http://i711.photobuc....Ad-Sept09b.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users