6 replies to this topic

#1 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 9,532 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:11 AM

Hi Riu Brides!

I have a question about the photographer policy. I know that for your wedding, they make you choose from a list of photographers, but I'm staying at the Riu and not having my wedding there. Will they charge me to have my photographer come to the Riu if she's not staying there to take "getting ready" shots? And what about if my photographer does stay at the Riu as a guest...will they give her trouble about being a photographer, even though my wedding isn't at the Riu?

I'm not sure who to contact at the Riu to ask these questions, so even if someone can give me some contact information, that would be amazing!

Thanks girls :)

Heather

#2 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
    • 5,705 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:48 PM

As long as you don't have your wedding at the Riu, you shouldn't have a problem.

#3 Kelly C

Kelly C
      • 2,051 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:29 PM

My wedding is at the Santa Fe. And we are bringing our photographer with us and they are staying at the resort. I'm not using there photographer. I believe if they are not staying there you will have to get them a day pass to come on the property.
        Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#4 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,532 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:33 PM

OK thanks guys! I guess once my photographer decides if she's staying at the resort or not, I'll contact someone at the Riu to ask for sure...

#5 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,532 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:36 PM

Thanks Sassybride! IF you do get a response, let me know. And luckily your wedding is a year before mine so I'll see what happens with Juan I guess.

Good luck with getting a response! From what I understand, she won't contact you until your wedding date is close.

#6 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 9,532 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:56 PM

Mostly the privacy of it, but also I thought it was absolutely gorgeous and just what we wanted! But privacy is number one. Plus I knew we wanted to stay at the Riu but I really didn't want my wedding there...it's not what I envisioned for the wedding, but it's an amazig place to vacation with a bunch of friends!

#7 Kelly C

Kelly C
              • 2,051 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:57 PM

Sassybride, Are you emailing Erika? She is usually very good at getting back to you right away. What email address are you using? I sent her an email last night and have heard from her yet. I will let you know when I do. She let me reserve the steak house terrace early for our reception dinner.
                Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users