• 110 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:35 AM

Your pics are amazing... Congrats

#22 mtomas5555

mtomas5555
    • 156 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 10:45 AM

Pookie,
      The Bugambilia Gazebo and the Bugambilia Terrace are on the Nizuc side, right?
      I am confused because my WC told me they were, but I saw in your review that they are on the Sunrise side.

Thanks,
      Melissa

#23 MoonPalacePookie

MoonPalacePookie
      • 279 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 11:50 AM

Cutierosie, here are the answers to your questions:

1) One of the big reasons I chose the Moon palace was the carriage, I love that idea, and the pictures look beautiful. I am glad to see the carriage guy was not wearing a mariachi suit, I love the the carriage, but don't really like the mariachi suits LOL

Did you ask for a no mariachi suit carriage driver?
        No, i didn't even think of that, but now that you mention it, I'm glad he wasn't wearing the mariachi suit.

2) the flowers are a huge issue for me because I want natural flowers but I am already over my budget and I am not even half way through my planning.

So, I have a question does the 12 calla lillies reception centerpiece cost $70?
        Yeah, the centerpiece comes with 9 lillies for $70, but my mom told them we wanted 12 flowers and did not need the vase, we were prepared to pay $100 for the 12, but they charged us $70, so it worked out. You just have to play tough with the WC, they have some leeway with prices and options.

3)I like your idea of the North Solarium which is a raised platform overlooking the pool.

Did you have to pay extra for this?
        We paid for the cocktail reception, but the location was free as part of the cocktail price. I told my WC I wanted a terrace by the pool and this is what she offered, it was absolutely beautiful.

Thanks for help and review Mrs. Pookie!
        Robert & Eugenia

July 23, 2008

#24 MoonPalacePookie

MoonPalacePookie
        • 279 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 11:53 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by mtomas5555
          Pookie,
          The Bugambilia Gazebo and the Bugambilia Terrace are on the Nizuc side, right?
          I am confused because my WC told me they were, but I saw in your review that they are on the Sunrise side.

Thanks,
          Melissa
          Melissa,
          I guess they could be considered to be on the Nizuc side, they're on the very far side of Sunrise, I'm not sure where one ends and another begins. It is the gazebo closest to the Sunrise side out of all the gazebos they have. If look at the map on the Palace Resorts side, you can see where its located. I would definitely recommend it if you are staying in Sunrise and if you're having your reception there.
          Robert & Eugenia

July 23, 2008

#25 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,047 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
          • LocationToronto

Posted 31 July 2008 - 11:53 AM

Congrats!!! everything looks amazing! Thanks for the great review

#26 kristeny

kristeny
          • 16 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 01:42 PM

Your review was very helpful. I am getting married there in February and wanted to do the carriage ride so I think I will ask for the man not to be in that suit The centerpiece/ BM bouquet is a fabulous idea. I think I might have to do that. One of my BM made centerpieces for my shower so I am sure she could do something with that hotle centerpiece.

#27 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 4,513 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 03:11 PM

WOW what a great review! And beautiful pictures! It makes me want to go back!! You look beautiful - and everything looks wonderful! Thanks for posting!

#28 soon2bemsleblanc

soon2bemsleblanc
              • 181 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 04:29 PM

Sounds like a awesome time! I would have been so freaked out about the hurricane!!! I am in the process of planning our wedding at Moon Palace and your review makes me so exicited!!
                http://ticker.7910.o....RkaW5nLi4u.gif

~Mr. and Mrs. and 18 Guests Booked~

#29 Dianna

Dianna
                • 358 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 04:30 PM

I am photographing there in a couple of weeks and can't wait! It looks like a great place . My couple is the brother of one of my brides from two years ago and the entire family is so nice. I loved your dress,too!

#30 DTHSLove

DTHSLove
                  • 347 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 08:22 PM

I was also sold on the carriage ride also. The moment I saw it I told my FI that was where we were getting married. I'll look into him not wearing that suit also..
                    CONGRATS!

HEADING TO MP PUNTA CANA..JULY 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users