• 291 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:33 AM

I'm in! Sounds like a great idea.

#12 lambert13

lambert13
    • 901 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:43 AM

Count me in!

When is the deadline for the letter "A"?
      Will there be a separate post for submissions or should we throw them in here?

Thanks for coming up with the idea Tammy.

#13 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:56 AM

Let's keep all the entries in this thread. If it gets too crazy I'll create a new one.

How about every Wednesday we do the next letter? If we find it doesn't take a full week for people to post, then we can shorten the time later. My personal goal is use the week to try to capture as many "A's" that I can find that week.. KWIM?

#14 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
        • VIP Member
        • 2,347 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:56 PM

The letter "A"....

Well, right about now, I'd be inclined to take a photo of Frank's VP, and title it "Asshole" to meet the requirements here.

#15 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:02 PM

I already know where I'm finding my A :)

I started this project a while back, but didn't get far. Now I've got to retake all the pictures with my new camera & photoshop them properly. I'll find the thread so you can see what I was trying to accomplish. it would be really cool if we could all share the letters for this project so we all have a nice collection. brb & it will make more sense...

#16 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:06 PM

OK I found the thread. We were talking about inexpensive gifts & wisco4 shared the idea of finding letters in nature. Then you could spell out the new couple's last name, a babies name, etc.

So i started the project. it's funny that it was actually a year ago today. This is on the other thread, but I'll post it here too. This is how far I got.

Click the image to open in full size.

and here is an example of what you can make
              PERSONALIZED PHOTO WALL ART | Unique, Customizable Home Decor Gift Spells Words with Photographed Letters found in Nature, Architecture | UncommonGoods

should I make that picture smaller?

#17 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:09 PM

I also wrote every letter in the sand incase there were certain letters i couldn't find so it could be a filler.

I'm really excited you are starting this up tammy. I was just thinking about how I needed to resume this project.

#18 TammyB

TammyB
                • 10,630 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:22 PM

Morgan I was wondering when you and Trish would find this thread. Ya know I was online this morning looking for ideas for the sig challenge and I fell upon this and it got my wheels turning. I can't view your pics at work, I'll have to check them out at home tonight. But after seeing the words spelled out I told DH that I want to do a sign with our last name on it. I was thinking about just buying the pictures you see on the sights, but then thought "hey, I can do this myself" and that's when it all clicked. lol

#19 TammyB

TammyB
                  • 10,630 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:23 PM

Morgan if you still have my email address you should send me those pics so I can look at them now.. :-)

#20 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 18,759 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:33 PM

we should figure out a way to share them in high resolution so that everyone can build up a nice collection. I'm emailing you my pictures now...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users