Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Graciela

Valentin Imperial Maya Brides?

Recommended Posts

We put everything in 4 bins....glass centerpieces, welcome bags, candles, medications etc.... Going through customs was a piece of cake for us. They asked how much everything cost. I told them aprox $500. They said ok , I pressed the green button and was good to go. I was concerned to hit red but we got very lucky. I brought all of my receipts just in case but everything went very smooth. I thought the ins were a great idea because they were clear so you could get an idea of what was in there. Also, we did not put together our welcome bags before hand for that reason. Therefore, they would not have known they were specifically for our guests.

Anything you have that is not a personal item, something you would normally take and use while traveling, has to value under $300 per traveler.  It is my understanding that anything over $300 could be subject to taxes and that is why it is important to have the receipts.  Otherwise I think they estimate the worth of the items you have.  I also included a note, in English and Spanish, that stated how the items would be used in the wedding and attached it to the receipts.  

 

This thread really helped me:  http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/41422/customs-in-mexico-an-effort-to-gather-the-info-in-one-thread

It has tons of info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great review!!  You looked amazing!!  We have the same colors : )  Glad everything turned out so well.  I have about 6 weeks to go!  Again, your review was very helpful!!  Congrats!

 

Originally Posted by NikkiT1021 View Post

Finished some of my reviews today!!!!  Here they are :)

 

I honestly am going through wedding withdrawal and wish I could go back!!!

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/products/valentin-imperial-maya/reviews/5206

 

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/products/dj-s-doremixx/reviews/5202

 

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/products/blue-lens-caribe-wedding-photography/reviews/5203



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Glad it was helpful!!  If you have any other questions feel free to ask!!  The next 6 weeks is going to fly by!  enjoy :)

 

Originally Posted by futurMrsQuigley View Post

Great review!!  You looked amazing!!  We have the same colors : )  Glad everything turned out so well.  I have about 6 weeks to go!  Again, your review was very helpful!!  Congrats!

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Nikki,

 

Great reviews, thank you! All of your photos look great and I am so pleased that everything went so smoothly for you. Thank you for all of your tips on packing and everything too. I was wondering, I am doing the welcome bags too, did they hand them out for you when guests checked in? If so was there any charge? I think I discussed this with Ana at some point too, but I cannot remember. The thing about the "not more than 6 people in a reservation" is unfair, I totally agree with you. That must be a new thing they are doing, and totally complicates the family dinner I am trying to arrange for the night before the nuptials. We are just going to have to try and wing it - fingers crossed!

 

Vanessa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



We had the welcome bag delivered to the rooms for $2/bag.  It was nice to not have to deal with it but people didn't get their bags until later in the day.  We had put a brochure with an itinerary in it and a lot of people didn't get them until after some of the events were over.  It was a little frustrating but like I said it was nice not to have to track people down to give them the bags.

 

Also, the resort is SO big and with 50 people it was hard to get in touch with everyone.  I highly suggest figuring out some sort of system to get everyone's room number.  You can call the front desk but I felt as if we were really annoying them by asking them all the time. 

If i could do it again, I would bring a list of names and get the room numbers from everyone as they checked in. 

For the most part though, we all congregated by one section of the pool during the day and in the plaza at night.

Originally Posted by VanessaV View Post

Hi Nikki,

 

Great reviews, thank you! All of your photos look great and I am so pleased that everything went so smoothly for you. Thank you for all of your tips on packing and everything too. I was wondering, I am doing the welcome bags too, did they hand them out for you when guests checked in? If so was there any charge? I think I discussed this with Ana at some point too, but I cannot remember. The thing about the "not more than 6 people in a reservation" is unfair, I totally agree with you. That must be a new thing they are doing, and totally complicates the family dinner I am trying to arrange for the night before the nuptials. We are just going to have to try and wing it - fingers crossed!

 

Vanessa



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the great reviews and tips!! It was such a great help. What did you mean about wanting the privilege package? Also, Is there a bar near the gazebo area?

 


 

Originally Posted by NikkiT1021 View Post



We had the welcome bag delivered to the rooms for $2/bag.  It was nice to not have to deal with it but people didn't get their bags until later in the day.  We had put a brochure with an itinerary in it and a lot of people didn't get them until after some of the events were over.  It was a little frustrating but like I said it was nice not to have to track people down to give them the bags.

 

Also, the resort is SO big and with 50 people it was hard to get in touch with everyone.  I highly suggest figuring out some sort of system to get everyone's room number.  You can call the front desk but I felt as if we were really annoying them by asking them all the time. 

If i could do it again, I would bring a list of names and get the room numbers from everyone as they checked in. 

For the most part though, we all congregated by one section of the pool during the day and in the plaza at night.



 



 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NikkiT

 

Also, where is a nearby bar to the beach ceremony site? or one of the better bars?  I would like all the guests to move to one bar while we take pictures after the ceremony?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The privilege package is more expensive and optional for the resort. It just means better mini bar and I guess seating for more than 6. If I would have known this I probably would have purchased it. There is a bar on the beach right by the pool. It's a little bit of a walk from the beach ceremony site but not far. There are also 2 bars by the pool. The other bars are located in the main area surrounding La Plaza. La Plaza is very beautiful and you may want to think about doing pictures there. The whole resort is beautiful and you have many options. Usually the photographers know where the best spots are. Enjoy your wedding! :)

NikkiT

 

Also, where is a nearby bar to the beach ceremony site? or one of the better bars?  I would like all the guests to move to one bar while we take pictures after the ceremony?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • What color is your wedding? You can go with warm autumn-inspired colors such as burnt oranges, dark reds, burgundy, bright yellows, like fall foliage   https://printsbery.com/invitations/wedding/burgundy   What planning have you guys done?  
    • We booked our wedding for April 2021 but the venue let us know at this time they are still implementing Covid measures so we should not have more than 50 guests, etc. We also made sure the contract had an "out" clause that would let us get a refund should the pandemic blow up again, or have the ability to reschedule without penalty.
    • I am having my wedding scheduled in November 2020. I am too much worried about how all the things will be managed in this pandemic situation. About everything like the guest list, preparations, my attire and all. The only thing I am relaxed is about finances. In Feb only me and my fiancé applied for the wedding loans. We have applied early because both of us are having bad credit we had a doubt that it will be approved or not. But our wedding loans with bad credit were timely approved and we have planned accordingly but now this pandemic has spoiled all our preparations. We are trying to be positive and trying to celebrate our new beginnings.
    • Welcome. I am a past Dreams Los Cabos bride. Please let us know if we can assist in any way. We have some great promotions (bride and groom fly free, comped rooms and upgrades).    info@wrighttravelagency.com
    • Hi all. My fiance and I are getting married at Dreams Los Cabos in Cabo San Lucas on April, 2021! We've been together for 3 years and we are so excited for our little wedding!  
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...