Photo

Excellence Riviera Cancun Brides!

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#91 00lindsey00

00lindsey00
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 02:15 AM

veronica and i really started making decisions the week before the wedding. she would email me a couple of times a day to ask me questions. i did not have bridemaids so i used the flowers for the reception table. i used the other photographer also, even though i had my own. i figured it couldnt hurt to have more pictures. also, the price seems to change when you get there. when i got there she told me a dj would only be 250 dollars. also she had quoted me a price for speakers ahead of time which was 200 dollars. i told her no. then when we got there it was only 75 dollars for the speakers.

#92 Egle

Egle
    • 6 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:55 AM

I also didn't know that they do two wedding per day. So if you want any specific locations reserved you have to tell her in advance, otherwise she said you'll choose from what's available.
      The upgrade for the orchid bouquet according to her will be $100-150. I hope that doesn't change :))
      Also, those flower arrangements on the gazebo are $100 each. The arrangements that they have are so old fashioned.

Also, Lindsey, she only charged you $75 for the speakers? Is it speakers only or the whole sound system? I was told to book through PSAV, and the sound system without the DJ came up to $476.30.

Katusha25, my wedding is on April 23. When do you arrive for your wedding? You will probably have a chance to see my wedding :)

#93 Mystic

Mystic
      • 254 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:29 PM

Lindsey, Egle, or Katusha,

Did you or are you bringing a lot of wedding stuff on the plane with you like decorations, OOT bags, favors, etc. Or having them shipped? Any word of advice on that?

#94 00lindsey00

00lindsey00
        • 20 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 01:20 PM

we only used the speakers. the ipod plugged into the speakers.

i brought 3 suitcases as well as 2 carry ons. we had t-shirts made for our oot bags so they took up alot of space, as well as all of the decorations.

#95 Egle

Egle
          • 6 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:22 PM

I will bring everything with me. If it doesn't fit then I will put it in my family members' luggage :))

Lindsey, what did you use the speakers for? Just for ceremony or reception too? I need them for reception so i don't know if I need the whole sound system... if you only used speakers

#96 katusha25

katusha25
            • 19 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:25 AM

I am bringing some light decoration stuff with me, like chair ribbons, rose petals, etc.
              But things like candles we are shipping to the resort right now. It shouldn't take more than a week to get there but I've heard of many brides shiipping decor to the resort ahead of time. I think it's risky to pack fragile things in check-in bags and too heavy to carry on with you...

#97 katusha25

katusha25
              • 19 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:25 AM

Egle, we are arriving on April 23rd around noon. What time is your wedding and where? I'd love to see the ceremony set up :)

#98 endlesslove

endlesslove
                • 362 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:43 AM

How much was it to ship everything?I heard some people pay over $300 for a 20lb box :/

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by katusha25
                  I am bringing some light decoration stuff with me, like chair ribbons, rose petals, etc.
                  But things like candles we are shipping to the resort right now. It shouldn't take more than a week to get there but I've heard of many brides shiipping decor to the resort ahead of time. I think it's risky to pack fragile things in check-in bags and too heavy to carry on with you...

#99 Egle

Egle
                  • 6 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:28 PM

My wedding will be around 4pm or 5pm, still don't know yet, at the beach location :)
                    Katusha, have you finalized all the details with Veronica? How many people you having? Where are you going to have your reception?

#100 cowman1999

cowman1999
                    • 107 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:20 PM

To calculate postage to Mexico and other countries...

Postage Price Calculator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users