#11 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
  • Moderators
  • 25,218 posts
  • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 24 August 2008 - 11:12 AM

thanks for the info morg! sounds cool.

a friend of mine got some metallic pics of her engagament session, they are pretty cool!

#12 Martha

Martha
  • VIP Member
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:25 PM

Good to hear! I will be ordering from them soon!

Did you also make your coffee table book on Mpix? Can't remember if it was you or someone else? If it was you, can you tell me how much you paid? I couldn't find pricing on the books on their site.

#13 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:33 PM

Metallic photos? I am having trouble picturing that. Have to go check it out...

#14 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:51 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Just Martha
        Good to hear! I will be ordering from them soon!

Did you also make your coffee table book on Mpix? Can't remember if it was you or someone else? If it was you, can you tell me how much you paid? I couldn't find pricing on the books on their site.
        i plan on it, but I haven't yet. they are around $30. prices closer to shutterfly.

#15 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:52 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by carly
          Metallic photos? I am having trouble picturing that. Have to go check it out...
          it just has a shine too it. not like a glossy finish. but, if there are brown trees they look golden & the grey rocks look silver. you notice it more when you tilt the picture. it's not a huge difference, but it really makes the colors pop.

#16 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:02 PM

Sounds really cool! I am uploading my thousands of photos there to check out some things.

#17 Martha

Martha
            • VIP Member
            • 3,906 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:24 PM

$30? Seriously! Awesome! We didn't have a TTD because we were too tired, so my photographer was going to do my maternity pictures in place of our TTD. Or if I didn't wanna do the maternity pics, she would give me $250 credit towards a coffee table book....I think I should just make my own and try to get back to Austin sometime this month to do the maternity pictures!

#18 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
              • Moderators
              • 25,218 posts
              • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
              • LocationSeattle

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:26 PM

martha, thats a great idea!

and i just bet morgan can find you some codes on ebay! (not sure if mpix does that, but if they do, she will know!)

#19 Martha

Martha
              • VIP Member
              • 3,906 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:28 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Abbie
                martha, thats a great idea!

and i just bet morgan can find you some codes on ebay! (not sure if mpix does that, but if they do, she will know!)
                For sure! But, even w/o codes $30 is WAY better than the $250 credit I was going to get.

#20 boscobel

boscobel
                • VIP Member
                • 24,213 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:33 PM

Martha - the photo book that you photog is offering is probably a nicer version though. Called a flushmount and it printed on the harder pages. The Mpix book is a picture book and printed on paper. Don't get me wrong, it is still nice! I ordered mine (BD photos) from mypublisher, but it's the same concept. But I am def going to do flush mount for the wedding photos.

Just so you know that the quality might be a little different, not sure how much you care about the type of book....

Also, I could be completely wrong, cuz my computer keeps freezing on the mpix website, so i haven't been able to research it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users