Jump to content

Photo

Monday for wealth, Tuesday for health...


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
  • Sr. Member
  • 4,979 posts

    Posted 21 February 2007 - 12:50 PM

    FH and I are trying to select a date, and we've narrowed it down to three - which are all in different months. The flights look like (but nothing is finalized) they will be on the Saturdays. My question is this: What day of the week/day # did you decide to have the wedding? I like the idea of having the week lead up to the wedding on the second to last day (or last day), but one of the options is also the middle day that we'll be there. Is getting married in the middle of the trip anticlimactic for the guests? Did anyone else fuss over this (what I thought was a) insignificant detail?! I'm curious to know what everyone decided and why...
    Happily Married since May 9, 2008
    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

    #2 Christine

    Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

    Posted 21 February 2007 - 12:55 PM

    a lot of people chose their date for special reasons, like dating anniversaries, engagement anniversaries. My date is the day after our 4th anniversary. We originally planned to get married on a thursday which was our anniversary, but the friday worked better for most people including our wedding party. So now we always have to go out of town for our anniversaries!!!
    Try this thread-http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t2949
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

    #3 TammyB

    TammyB
    • Sr. Member
    • 10,630 posts

      Posted 21 February 2007 - 12:59 PM

      We are getting married on our 3rd anniversary.. Which happens to fall on a Tuesday and is in the middle of our trip. So most of our guests are flying into cabo with us (saturday) and leaving Wednesday..

      #4 CourtneyV

      CourtneyV
      • Sr. Member
      • 4,979 posts

        Posted 21 February 2007 - 01:08 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Soon to be Mrs. Hull
        a lot of people chose their date for special reasons, like dating anniversaries, engagement anniversaries. My date is the day after our 4th anniversary. We originally planned to get married on a thursday which was our anniversary, but the friday worked better for most people including our wedding party. So now we always have to go out of town for our anniversaries!!!
        Try this thread-http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t2949
        Hmm, thanks... I guess a little forum research on my part wouldn't hurt - that thread isn't even that old!! Thanks for your help. :)

        Tammy - you said some guests were leaving on the Wednesday... Does it bother you that people leave early? Will you do anything else with the guests on the remaining days as a group, or do you expect everyone will go their own ways? My family just noted that after the wedding the "climb" to the event is over and it's not as exciting for guests.
        Happily Married since May 9, 2008
        Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

        #5 TammyB

        TammyB
        • Sr. Member
        • 10,630 posts

          Posted 21 February 2007 - 01:26 PM

          OK this is going to sound really mean, But in all honestly after the wedding I would prefer everyone left. Cain and I are staying longer because we are honeymooning there as well. There is a couple people staying the full week, but we told them in advance that we may just keep to ourselves and just do things on our own. But their may be days that we will still hang out. This is "our" vacation/wedding/honeymoon and the last thing we want is to be forced in entertain everyone while were there. Yes we will have a few events set up if they choose to attend, but were going to do what we want, if they want to come along, great. If not, that's fine as well.

          #6 BEACHBRIDEMA

          BEACHBRIDEMA
          • Sr. Member
          • 3,491 posts

            Posted 21 February 2007 - 03:35 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Nini_Bride
            FH and I are trying to select a date, and we've narrowed it down to three - which are all in different months. The flights look like (but nothing is finalized) they will be on the Saturdays. My question is this: What day of the week/day # did you decide to have the wedding? I like the idea of having the week lead up to the wedding on the second to last day (or last day), but one of the options is also the middle day that we'll be there. Is getting married in the middle of the trip anticlimactic for the guests? Did anyone else fuss over this (what I thought was a) insignificant detail?! I'm curious to know what everyone decided and why...
            Just something to be aware of in Mexico you must be there 3 full days (weekends do not count) before you can be legally married. I am not sure if you are having a legal ceremomy or not. We arrive on Saturday and get married on the Friday. The guests leave the next day. We dont have flight times yet but I hope its not an early flight, I am sure it will be a late night
            Sarah
            <a href="http://s162.photobuc...entation2-2.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i162.photobuc...entation2-2.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>Wedding slideshow: http://www.juancarlo...com/sarah18/...

            #7 *JillD*

            *JillD*
            • Sr. Member
            • 5,112 posts

              Posted 21 February 2007 - 03:52 PM

              we're getting married on friday, we will have saturday with our guests and most people are leaving on sunday, we are also leaving to go to a different resort on sunday for our honeymoon. Like tammy said, once the wedding is over, we want alone time, it will be nice to have one day with them and then be on our own.

              #8 lambert13

              lambert13
              • Member
              • 901 posts

                Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:02 PM

                Karen and I are getting married on July 4th which is the earliest day available of our 2 week trip due to the 3 day rule. We kind of thought it would be cool to have fireworks on our anniversary every year.

                We are not bringing anyone down there with us which makes some of it easier to decide.

                #9 CourtneyV

                CourtneyV
                • Sr. Member
                • 4,979 posts

                  Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:34 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by BEACHBRIDEMA
                  Just something to be aware of in Mexico you must be there 3 full days (weekends do not count) before you can be legally married. I am not sure if you are having a legal ceremomy or not. We arrive on Saturday and get married on the Friday. The guests leave the next day. We dont have flight times yet but I hope its not an early flight, I am sure it will be a late night
                  Sarah
                  Ya, Aaron and I are going to be going a few days earlier so we're not running around trying to finalize everything while mingiling with friends and family. However, I wasn't aware that weekends don't count under the 3 full days residency. Is there a reason for that? Hmm, that might change things a little bit!!

                  I kind of agree with having time alone with Aaron after the wedding!! I felt a little bad for wanting to get away from my guests who so kindly took time out of the schedules for me (even if it doubles as a wedding)... but I feel better now that I'm not the only one!!!
                  Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                  Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

                  #10 TammyB

                  TammyB
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 10,630 posts

                    Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:42 PM

                    Just an FYI each place is different regarding the "3" day rule... Cabo has that rule but were arriving in Cabo on Saturday and having a legal wedding on Tuesday and they said that was fine.... I think it depends on your WC.




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users