Photo

restaurant in Playa del Carmen for rehearsal?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dr. Bride

Dr. Bride
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:32 PM

Can anyone recommend a good restaurant in Playa del Carmen with great food and good atmosphere to have our rehearsal dinner? We're still playing around with the idea of having it at our All-Inclusive, but that would exclude those staying at a different resort (or result in an exorbitant amount of money being spent on day passes). Any and all suggestions welcomed and appreciated!!! We would have around 25 people... Thanks!!!!

#2 adias.angel

adias.angel
    • 719 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:55 AM

We are actually thinking about having a small lunch reception at la Cueva Del Chango (cave of the monkey in english). Matt and Sol also had their rehearsal dinner here too. :)

La cueva del chango

Here is a mans blog about his experience there. He describes the atmosphere and food wonderfully!

Seven Hills: Cave of the Monkey

#3 monicaswave

monicaswave
      • 450 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:40 AM

I am also having my welcome/rehersal dinner at La Cueva del Chango. It was by far the cheapest price and the place has great reviews on line.

#4 heathernandmike

heathernandmike
        • 15 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:45 AM

I think we're gonna have ours at Yaxche in downtown Playa del Carmen. We went there twice on our last trip to Playa and loved it. It is very intimate, with a cool Mayan feel and beautiful outdoor eating area.

Yaxche Restaurant

#5 adias.angel

adias.angel
          • 719 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:50 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by heathernandmike
            I think we're gonna have ours at Yaxche in downtown Playa del Carmen. We went there twice on our last trip to Playa and loved it. It is very intimate, with a cool Mayan feel and beautiful outdoor eating area.

Yaxche Restaurant
            That is actually another we had on our list. What are the prices like? Is the outdoor eating area quite and away from the street?

#6 heathernandmike

heathernandmike
            • 15 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:16 PM

I haven't priced it out yet, but if I remember correctly entrees were in the $10-15 range? I may be wrong...

The courtyard area is pretty secluded, away from the street. I wish I had taken photos. I am going to be in Playa next weekend for some wedding planning of my own and to photograph a wedding in Tulum - I'll try to make it there and take some pics.

Also, a couple weeks ago I photographed a wedding at Azul Beach. I'll post a link to my blog once I get those up, maybe be helpful for anyone getting married there.

Heather
              BluDomain, BluDomainhosting, photography websites

#7 Dr. Bride

Dr. Bride
              • 4 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 01:29 PM

Awesome! Those look like great places and definitely give me a good start! Thanks ladies!

#8 Hitched Invites

Hitched Invites
                • 39 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:55 PM

You may also want to consider Cafe Del Agua and the Blue Parrot.
                  I stayed in Playa in May and my group and I were very impressed
                  with both places.

F.Y.I. Cafe Del Agua serves Fiji water and they just pour and pour
                  and then you get the bill and we were charged for every bottle.
                  It ended up being about $50 in water. Just something to consider
                  since we were not paying attention and thought it was a nice gesture
                  with the stigma Mexico water gets.

#9 skbabin

skbabin
                  • 8 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:45 PM

We had our rehearsal dinner at La Parilla. Our guests still talk about how good the food was that night. The atmosphere was great too! Keep in mind its an open air restaurant (as most are in town).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users