Calling/Faxing Area Code 876?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Banana11

Banana11
  • VIP Member
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:05 AM

Hello! I need to fax our birth certificates, passports, etc. to my wedding planner in Ocho Rios. She gave me an "876" number to send them to. I looked online and it appears you just dial it like any other long distance number in the US? Does anyone know if there are additional charges for dialing/faxing "876" other than the usual long distance charges? I was nervous I would do it incorrectly and send our personal information to Joe Schmo in who knows where. And I also wondered if I used my work fax machine if it would cost money because it's out of the country. That wouldn't be good!

Thanks!!!

#2 KarmaB

KarmaB
    • 796 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 12:34 PM

It will charge you for an international call, at least that is how I was charged with my carrier. I'm sure each carrier is different as to what the actual cost is, but be aware it is an international fee.

#3 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 12:38 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by FutureMrsB
        It will charge you for an international call, at least that is how I was charged with my carrier. I'm sure each carrier is different as to what the actual cost is, but be aware it is an international fee.
        This is correct. I think my call was about $2 per minute. Luckily we had a stateside planner through the resort that handled all of that so I only called once. You might also check with your cell phone compnay and see what their international rate is.

You just dial like you normally would, 1 + area code + number.

#4 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
        • 4,881 posts
        • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
        • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
        • LocationNew York

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:00 PM

My recommendation is to scan your documents in (you can do this at Kinko's if you don't have or know someone that has a scanner) and e-mail the documents to her. That way you know she's the recipient.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#5 Banana11

Banana11
        • VIP Member
        • 8,841 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:11 PM

Great idea about scanning them in! Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users