Sign in to follow this  
mhoudek

Any Ideas on what to get my friends for their 1st Year Wedding Anniversary

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can get my very close friends to celebrate their first year anniversary? I can only spend like $50 but am open to all ideas. :) Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

something paper is the traditional 1st anniversary gift - but that doesnt mean you have to get them stationery. be creative -- my friend received 2 tickets to a baseball game from her parents as a 1st anniversary gift, and the tickets were paper.

We were in Argentina earlier this year for very close friend's wedding and we picked up a copy of the local paper. We are going to give it to them on their 1 year anniversary. It was actually a very memorable day because the islands off the coast of Argentina were on fire and the wedding almost didn't happen. We laugh about it now though and I think the paper will be a nice reminder for them. I realize this is not an option for you but how about putting together a scrapbook or photo album. It can either be from the wedding (maybe pictures they have forgotten about) or of you guys over the years. Pretty typical but I will keep thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyB View Post
we got cash for our 1year anniversary from a couple family members.

How about a gift certificate to a nice resturant

Now that's the kind of PAPER i like cheesy.gif

Thanks ladies!!!! I didn't even know that paper was the traditional first anniversary!!! I love the tickets to the game idea. I need to get on this-their anniversary is Monday and I will be out of town all weekend in Vegas so I need to do it by tomorrow!!!! :) hahaha