Photo

Advice on Villas in or around playa del carmen!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Maegan606

Maegan606
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:39 AM

Hi guys! I just started planning my 2010 wedding. =) We really want to have our wedding in a private villa on the beach in or close to playa del carmen. We are also hoping to find a few that are grouped together or very close by so that all of our guests can be together for the week. There will be 35-40 people. I'm also open to small all inclusives that are reasonably priced. Thanks so much--any advice you may have is greatly appreciated!
    ~Maegan

#2 PaulSchrank

PaulSchrank
    • Vendor
    • 237 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:55 AM

You can get a private villa on the beach in Playacar Phase 1. There will be other houses and condos there for your guests. The villa may have a beach or you can get married at the public beach there, it's usually pretty empty. I think you wold need a wedding planner in Playa to arrange this.

Playa del Secreto, north of Playa has two excellent locations, Villa Sol y Luna and Secret Jewel. They both have websites.

Consider Casa Magna in Tulum. It's a very private hotel with a villa vibe. Apparently it was the private villa of Pablo Escobar.

You can see wedding videos from several different venues here:
      PlayaWeddings' albums on Vimeo

#3 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:00 AM

there were many private villas in puerto aventuras (20 min south of PDC). I'm posting pics of some of them soon. There are also pics on locogringo.

#4 crsperanza

crsperanza
        • 161 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:46 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Maegan606
          Hi guys! I just started planning my 2010 wedding. =) We really want to have our wedding in a private villa on the beach in or close to playa del carmen. We are also hoping to find a few that are grouped together or very close by so that all of our guests can be together for the week. There will be 35-40 people. I'm also open to small all inclusives that are reasonably priced. Thanks so much--any advice you may have is greatly appreciated!
          Hello! I know this post is a little bit older, but, I am researching the same type of wedding arrangement. I am looking for villas for 30-40 guests close to Playa del Carmen. Can you share with me if you found this type of villa accomodation for your wedding

#5 Maegan606

Maegan606
          • 115 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 05:44 PM

Hi! Well, I did find lots of different villas. However, it was difficult to find a group of villas all together, and those that did meet my criteria were often pretty expensive. We decided to go with an all inclusive--so then our guests have more options, and all inclusive drinks and food! If you're still interested in a villa, let me know, and I will try to find my research!
            ~Maegan

#6 crsperanza

crsperanza
            • 161 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:50 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Maegan606
              Hi! Well, I did find lots of different villas. However, it was difficult to find a group of villas all together, and those that did meet my criteria were often pretty expensive. We decided to go with an all inclusive--so then our guests have more options, and all inclusive drinks and food! If you're still interested in a villa, let me know, and I will try to find my research!
              Can you tell me which all inclusive you chose and is the resort planning your wedding or are you hiring a coordinator? Will you be having your wedding at the resort and reception at a restaurant?

Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users