Boarding Pass Pocketfolder Help

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
  • VIP Member
  • 18,452 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 02:29 PM

Shay, if you are near a office depot or staples, etc. they should have a section of cardstock paper in single reems that will have weights on the reems you'll see 60lbs, 80lb, 110lb etc
    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#12 Shay2679

Shay2679
    • 493 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 03:59 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek
      Shay, if you are near a office depot or staples, etc. they should have a section of cardstock paper in single reems that will have weights on the reems you'll see 60lbs, 80lb, 110lb etc
      That is awesome! Thank you! I feel like such a geek...but...hey! This is all so new to me!!! LOL

I'll go scope out the Bureau en Gros (Staples) and see if they can hook me up with some nice Chocolate or Sage colored 110 lb paper!

#13 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
      • VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 04:52 PM

don't feel like a geek, i think i walked around the store at least 2 times before i stumbled on the cardstock.
        ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
        Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
        Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#14 Bianca

Bianca
        • 1,057 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 04:53 PM

If you want colored cardstock I recommend Discount Wedding Invitations, Vellum Paper, Vellum Envelopes, Card Stock Source - Paperandmore.com They have a big selection.
          19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
          http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

#15 bride2b-mexico2010

bride2b-mexico2010
          • 37 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 02:44 PM

okay, i may be the only one, but im not sure how you can actually work on this file if its in power point?? can someone tell me how i would go about working on this and adding my own info?? thank you so much

#16 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
            • 4,881 posts
            • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
            • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
            • LocationNew York

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:15 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by bride2b-mexico2010
            okay, i may be the only one, but im not sure how you can actually work on this file if its in power point?? can someone tell me how i would go about working on this and adding my own info?? thank you so much
            I'm not sure what you mean when you say you can't work on it in PowerPoint. Do you not have the software? If that's the case, do you have a friend that does?

You should just be able to open the file and move, recolor, add stuff, etc.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#17 bride2b-mexico2010

bride2b-mexico2010
            • 37 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:29 PM

no, its not working, when i click on the templates that you have so generously posted it comes up in a slide show format..im not able to do anything to the file, it just lets me view it..and close it. How would I go about getting the most up-to date software? or maybe is my computer opening it with the wrong software??
              I was wondering why everyone seemed to be able to use it! I just thought i was missing something!!

#18 s_katrese

s_katrese
              • 182 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 01:57 AM

I am so glad I found this thread, I need to get paper for my invites. Looks like i'm going with 80lb

#19 wsarah2107

wsarah2107
                • 166 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 03:39 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Bianca
                  I used the 100lb card stock for the folder thingy and printed the actual boarding pass on 80 lb paper (text weight according to paper and more). The 110 paper is VERY thick and would not feed in my work copiers so for the fact that color laser copies are at least $0.50 a piece, I saved some $$$ by using the 80lb paper that I could print on at work. I took the 110 lb paper to kinkos to print out my folders.

To answer the q... using the 110lb paper for the folder and 80lb for the boarding pass (I had 3 pages that printed out on 1 sheet of paper) and the envelope that used the same 80lb paper, it weighed exactly 1 oz, so I only used a $0.42 stamp... using the 110lb may have pushed it over and costed more in stamps, idunno, maybe becks can say.

I would have prefered to use the 110lb all around. Its nice and thick. I like it. I will use that for my invites.

I think the original q was what "weight" means... Its just the thickness of the paper. I think 110lb is hardcore thick. Thicker than regular scrapbooking cardstock. 80lb is not exactly really thick, but its good enough. Not recommended for invites(unless you back it or something)!!! Regular printer paper is 20lb or 24lb.

THANK YOU for posting all of this!!! I have been wondering which lb paper to use!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users