Jump to content

Recommended Posts

 I bought the starfish from oriental trading, the fans from favors & flowers, and the card stock, ribbon and glue dots from michael's.  The hardest part was messing around on the computer with the font and spacing to print out our names on the card stock.
 

Originally Posted by mbowling View Post


these did turn out great! Did you buy them from oriental trading?



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


oops, the picture is from before we had the ribbon on - there is now a pink ribbon tied in a bow around the handle of the fan.

Originally Posted by karlaandmark View Post

 I bought the starfish from oriental trading, the fans from favors & flowers, and the card stock, ribbon and glue dots from michael's.  The hardest part was messing around on the computer with the font and spacing to print out our names on the card stock.
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have resigned myself to getting photos and a video that look like an amateur has taken them as I requested Santos from Caribe Photo through my wedding coordinator and she was told that I cannot make a specific request and they rotate.  I haven't got the energy to organize an outside vendor and to be honest I don't trust the hotel not to tack on an extra 'extra' fee.  Annoying when the photographer is not that cheap that you can't pick the one you want.
 

Originally Posted by MandM 2011 View Post

Videographer advice please!

 

Bryteyed Bride - CONGRATS, great photo of you on the Beach.

Mel and Bryteeyed Bride, I am waiting with baited breath to hear how things went.

 

I am having a really hard time picking vendors as Lomas is being really picky with whom they will allow in and I have spoken to several vendors who are complaining about ow Lomas is strong arming them into either high commissions, which forces them to raise their prices or locking them out.  Supposedly this happened with the Barcelo & Bahia Principe a while back and they suffered the consequences.

 

Bryteyedbride - how was Caribe Video?  I am really torn about who to hire for videography - there are very few posts about videographers - can someone who had a successful videography experience please weigh in? Magic Vision has no demos on their site and Cancun Video doesn't have anything recent from AS or AB...

 

Mel - I thought that Karisma banned La Luna as they are part of Del Sol, is this not the case?  If I can't get La Luna, I am thinking of Juan Navarro or Claudia for pics...Any thoughts?

Thanks!!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have any ideas for inexpensive beachy centerpieces?  Lomas' flower centerpieces start around the $60 range.  Their prices are pretty outrageous for this stuff.  Any ideas, let me know!  Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by brit canuck View Post

 

I have resigned myself to getting photos and a video that look like an amateur has taken them as I requested Santos from Caribe Photo through my wedding coordinator and she was told that I cannot make a specific request and they rotate.  I haven't got the energy to organize an outside vendor and to be honest I don't trust the hotel not to tack on an extra 'extra' fee.  Annoying when the photographer is not that cheap that you can't pick the one you want.

 

 Not to be nosy...but how much are you paying? We ended up bringing a photographer with us (and as long as they are a guest of the hotel for 3 days or more- no vendor fee)  I would be really mad at not being able to pick the photographer. You want nice pictures from your wedding, not something amateur like!

 

Originally Posted by Mnd3A View Post

 

Does anyone have any ideas for inexpensive beachy centerpieces?  Lomas' flower centerpieces start around the $60 range.  Their prices are pretty outrageous for this stuff.  Any ideas, let me know!  Thank you.

We bought glass vases in Cancun at a party store. (located just outside local Market 23). We bought 8 vases for $12 US TOTAL!!! Then we filled the vases with limes and water. Very basic and simple...but cost us about $20 for all of them. You could easily fill the vases with other fruits, sand, etc. (just means you have to go to Cancun to go shopping) There is a picture on my Planning thread.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Maggie I love both of these!  Absolutely beautiful!

Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post

This is My Thank you for coming Announcementannoucement1.jpg



 



Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post

This is my regular announcements I sent to people who didn't come

annoucement 2.jpg



 



Thanks.  I used Cancun Wedding Video.  We just got our highlights video today, and our regular video is on the way.  I loved Cancun Wedding Video, and they were a preferred vendor when I had my wedding. Email Mike Cantarell and see if they are still preferred and just not showing up on the preferred list.  Mike captured so much in the highlights video that I am anxiously awaiting the 60-90 minute video.  I knew that no one except for us and probably our parents would be interested in the long one, that is why I got the highlights too.  I just did a review on bdw.com on Cancun Wedding Video.  Check them out!  Really!  You can't go wrong with them. We only used Caribe for photography at the Welcome Party.  They were very friendly and the handmade album had 40 pics plus 2 Cd's.  I don't know how they are with video, so speaking from my personal experience, if you can work Cancun Wedding Video into your budget it is worth it.  My highlights video is http://vimeo.com/25172426

 

Originally Posted by MandM 2011 View Post

Videographer advice please!

 

Bryteyed Bride - CONGRATS, great photo of you on the Beach.

Mel and Bryteeyed Bride, I am waiting with baited breath to hear how things went.

 

I am having a really hard time picking vendors as Lomas is being really picky with whom they will allow in and I have spoken to several vendors who are complaining about ow Lomas is strong arming them into either high commissions, which forces them to raise their prices or locking them out.  Supposedly this happened with the Barcelo & Bahia Principe a while back and they suffered the consequences.

 

Bryteyedbride - how was Caribe Video?  I am really torn about who to hire for videography - there are very few posts about videographers - can someone who had a successful videography experience please weigh in? Magic Vision has no demos on their site and Cancun Video doesn't have anything recent from AS or AB...

 

Mel - I thought that Karisma banned La Luna as they are part of Del Sol, is this not the case?  If I can't get La Luna, I am thinking of Juan Navarro or Claudia for pics...Any thoughts?

Thanks!!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our highlights video from Mike Cantarell of Cancun Wedding Video is up.  http://vimeo.com/25172426

Note the big bruise on my arm...that's from the blood test for the legal ceremony.  Sheesh!  If I had known it was going to be that rough I would have bought some tattoo make up to cover it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Also ask your WC

I rented centerpieces from Lomas and just got square vases with Limes ONLY in them and they charged me $35 a centerpiece just to give you another option. I told her I couldn't afford the flowers and I saw another bride on here had used just limes in a glass square vase and they looked great!!!

Originally Posted by Mnd3A View Post

Does anyone have any ideas for inexpensive beachy centerpieces?  Lomas' flower centerpieces start around the $60 range.  Their prices are pretty outrageous for this stuff.  Any ideas, let me know!  Thank you.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



 

Originally Posted by Mnd3A View Post

 

 

 

 



 We did Maracas as place cards and they were a huge sucess!  Everyone loved them and they were totally worth it!  I made tags with the guest name, table number and it also said "Shake for a Kiss" on them.



Originally Posted by KerryL613 View Post

Melfaybik!  Are you back yet!  Can't wait to hear!


I'm back and we had an AMAZING wedding!  Azul Beach Hotel is a Fabulous resort!  Here are a couple of my favorite pics so far that my friends took. I haven't even uploaded my photos yet. We ended up getting so many great pics from our guests which is great since it takes awhile to get the professional ones.

 

044.JPG

 

P5280054.JPG

 

036.JPG

 

P5280074.JPG

 

254107_2143020774585_1218187438_2575164_4743682_n.jpg
 

 



Originally Posted by MandM 2011 View Post

Videographer advice please!

 

Bryteyed Bride - CONGRATS, great photo of you on the Beach.

Mel and Bryteeyed Bride, I am waiting with baited breath to hear how things went.

 

I am having a really hard time picking vendors as Lomas is being really picky with whom they will allow in and I have spoken to several vendors who are complaining about ow Lomas is strong arming them into either high commissions, which forces them to raise their prices or locking them out.  Supposedly this happened with the Barcelo & Bahia Principe a while back and they suffered the consequences.

 

Bryteyedbride - how was Caribe Video?  I am really torn about who to hire for videography - there are very few posts about videographers - can someone who had a successful videography experience please weigh in? Magic Vision has no demos on their site and Cancun Video doesn't have anything recent from AS or AB...

 

Mel - I thought that Karisma banned La Luna as they are part of Del Sol, is this not the case?  If I can't get La Luna, I am thinking of Juan Navarro or Claudia for pics...Any thoughts?

Thanks!!!


We had Paul from Playa Weddings do our video and his work is AMAZING!! I have not received the video yet but I know his work it GREAT! I can't wait to get the video. There are examples on his website...http://www.playaweddings.com/video.php Check him out and let me know if you have any questions.

 

Yes, Karisma banned La Luna recently. Such a bummer because we had them booked and then had to find another photographer last minute.  We ended up going with Samuel Luna but Claudia does great work as well!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I'm so sorry to hear this  Did you have a signed contract with him? What did he or the contract say the turn around time be? If it is way past the deadline, you have made several documented attempts to contact him, and he has broken your contract and failed to produce what has been promised, you could resort to writing an online review of your experience -- often times, that motivates vendors who've dropped the ball to rectify the situation because it affects other potential clients. 
    • STAY AWAY FROM CARIBBEAN EMOTIONS PHOTOGRAPHY!!!! Michael Weiler is a SCAMMER he took our money and disappeared!! we hired him as our photographer for our wedding back in November, he gave us a run around for the first week or 2 saying our pictures are almost ready and then disappeared. we have been sending him emails, texts and phone calls for the past 4 months and he is now where to be found. I made a fake account to email him and he answered right away as he is only interested in taking peoples money and not give anything in return.
    • For weddings you should definitely use a travel agent as there are promotions and amenities with a group block that you will not get by booking individually like comped rooms, upgrades, spa treatments, etc.
    • Congratulations and welcome to the forum! There are lots of great resort options in Punta Cana and we have stayed at or toured many of them.  Are you looking for a family friendly resort or adults only?  What you interested in with nature and the ceremony? All of the resorts will have different wedding locations and there are also a variety of off resort wedding venues in Punta Cana. Please feel free to email us at info@wrighttravelagency.com if you'd like us to send resort info and check group rates. Thanks! Patty
    • Hello Everyone!  I am currently in the initial stages of planning and I am starting to look at resorts in Dominican Republic. I am thinking of having my wedding in October 2020.  I have been looking at resorts in Punta Cana, but I also want to look at other options/areas as well. The groom and I enjoy nature and we would like to incorporate that into our wedding in some way. We may also have a guest list between 50-80 people. Since we live in the US, I wanted to find a location that is accessible from major airports and is cost efficient for our guest as well as us. Can anyone share what locations they have searched or been to other than Punta Cana? Also I am okay to receive feedback on some Punta Cana locations. 
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...