• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 A10CalGal

• VIP Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 02:04 AM

OK, so I'm late on this, but I thought I should respond since my wedding is rapidly approaching. Honestly, I'm not over weight, and I'm not skinny...I'm kindof an athletic body type that gained some "happy" weight since I met my FI & got engaged. I didn't realize it until I had to go up a pant size. That was really depressing for me. But, I realized that I had to be realistic & not put any additional pressure on myself - like planning a wedding isn't enough!

So, begining about November, I really made a commitment to myself to do things that made me feel good. Mind you, this is after I tried on & bought the dress in June. My dress just made me feel like a goddess - and I think that's really important. I power walk/run 3 morning a week. I've recently started a pilates class on Thurs nights & a yoga class on Sat mornings. I've found the more I do, the more I want to do.

Long post...sorry! But, I guess what I want to say is that we all want to look our best on our wedding day - but why do we wait until this time to take care of ourselves?? I think it is healthiest to do something reasonable in terms of diet & excercise that you can maintain over time. Extreme measures are never good.

My best tips are to fill "blank spaces" in your day with little mini-workouts. Like, when I'm brushing my teeth or blow drying my hair in the morning, I do squats and plies. I lunge across the bedroom to my dresser. I do pushups immediately when I get out of bed in the morning. These little efforts will help you a lot in the long run.

#22 Christine

• VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 11 February 2007 - 02:25 AM

great advice Christa-thanks
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users