Jump to content

Photo

Need some Help on Invites!


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,430 posts

    Posted 09 February 2007 - 08:34 PM

    Ya I think we are just going to do a fun invitation. Kate do you have yours yet if so do you have a pic?

    #12 JPMO

    JPMO
    • Member
    • 827 posts

      Posted 09 February 2007 - 08:38 PM

      Natalie, I totally understand. Yes I as sending out invites. Yes they include everything that the website said. Yes, I could've saved the money... but OH WELL. The traditional bride in my felt like I needed them. Plus, we are thinking of official announcements.

      I'd like to send invitations only to those that are coming. FMIL wants invites to go to all that were originally invited, for gift purposes. I think they should just get an announcement.

      In addition to the traditional invite you can list info. for extra activities/ excursions or travel tips. So instead of just an invite it becomes a Travel Info pack.
      <center>

      Jenetta - JPMO

      Dreams Resort June 16th, 2007http://tickers.Ticke....114e/event.png<a href="http://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/"><img src="http://tickers.baby-...dev065br___.png" alt="pregnant" border="0" /></a>[link=http://www.baby-gaga.com/][image noborder]http://tick...

      #13 Natalie Z

      Natalie Z
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,430 posts

        Posted 09 February 2007 - 08:43 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by JPMO
        Natalie, I totally understand. Yes I as sending out invites. Yes they include everything that the website said. Yes, I could've saved the money... but OH WELL. The traditional bride in my felt like I needed them. Plus, we are thinking of official announcements.

        I'd like to send invitations only to those that are coming. FMIL wants invites to go to all that were originally invited, for gift purposes. I think they should just get an announcement.

        In addition to the traditional invite you can list info. for extra activities/ excursions or travel tips. So instead of just an invite it becomes a Travel Info pack.
        Ya that is what i'm torn about. Either do a travel info pack but most of the stuff is on our website anyways or just pay to have a formal one done and send it out to who is coming!! I have no clue?? I'm already doing a ton of DIY projects for the wedding so I probably should just get them made but I just love to be crafty! i have to try and figure it out! Thanks for the tip!

        #14 -Kate-

        -Kate-
        • VIP Member
        • 7,676 posts

          Posted 11 February 2007 - 03:35 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Natalie M
          Ya I think we are just going to do a fun invitation. Kate do you have yours yet if so do you have a pic?
          No invites to show!
          We just sent our STD's out about 2-3 weeks ago. I have met with our invite designer and she is going to have them ready to mail out Sept 1 for our December wedding. We are really treating it like a formality in terms of RSVP's and stuff. We just want it to be like a little gift to get people excited about the wedding.

          #15 Natalie Z

          Natalie Z
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,430 posts

            Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:01 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by LALA
            No invites to show!
            We just sent our STD's out about 2-3 weeks ago. I have met with our invite designer and she is going to have them ready to mail out Sept 1 for our December wedding. We are really treating it like a formality in terms of RSVP's and stuff. We just want it to be like a little gift to get people excited about the wedding.
            Ya that is a good idea about the RSVP's! I like that!

            #16 Sarah

            Sarah

              VIP Member

            • VIP Member
            • 6,996 posts

              Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:09 PM

              I'm struggling with the same thing right now too Natalie. The DIY'er in me wants to do more invitations just because they are fun, but they are expensive. I also ordered the mock-up kit from cards and pockets, but am having a hard time figuring out whether to do them at all- not to mention do I send them to everyone or just the people who are coming.
              Then we have the issue of the AHR, which we have not decided on for sure. FI really wants one, I do not- this is why it isn't planned yet! If we decide to do an AHR, I want to send invites to everyone, with AHR info on it...
              Decisions, decisions...I'll deal with it when I get back from Cabo- although by that time it will only be 2 1/2 months until the wedding- yikes!

              #17 Natalie Z

              Natalie Z
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,430 posts

                Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:14 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by AQHARIDER
                I'm struggling with the same thing right now too Natalie. The DIY'er in me wants to do more invitations just because they are fun, but they are expensive. I also ordered the mock-up kit from cards and pockets, but am having a hard time figuring out whether to do them at all- not to mention do I send them to everyone or just the people who are coming.
                Then we have the issue of the AHR, which we have not decided on for sure. FI really wants one, I do not- this is why it isn't planned yet! If we decide to do an AHR, I want to send invites to everyone, with AHR info on it...
                Decisions, decisions...I'll deal with it when I get back from Cabo- although by that time it will only be 2 1/2 months until the wedding- yikes!
                See you have it harder because of you AHR. We for sure aren't doing one so I don't have to worry about those invites! I would say if you want to do invites just send them to the people you know are coming to mexico and then send out all your invites to everyone for you AHR. That would be too much work for you to do all of that! Plus those people already decided they weren't coming so they don't need an invite! Just my opinion!

                #18 jamaicabride09

                jamaicabride09
                • Member
                • 856 posts

                  Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:03 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Christa
                  Natalie,

                  Here are the files for what I included on my cards...

                  Attachment 406
                  I know this post is old;however, this is exactly what I was looking for!




                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users