Photo

Reasonable expectation for $$ from Hartford

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 shellb

shellb
  • 533 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:42 PM

Has anybody flown out of Hartford to Punta Cana?

What would a reasonable expectation for prices be per person (a range is fine) for flight and accomodations or a package at a 4.5 star resort like the Melia Caribe Tropical?

My MOH is planning to go soon to get quotes of vacation packages to join us for our wedding. I just want to set a reasonable expectation of what to expect. I've been so focused on getting prices from Canada, I totally forgot she was flying out of Hartford.

Is it too early to be getting prices in the US? Any tour operators she should avoid?

#2 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:46 PM

most US carriers do not publish rates more than about 10 months in advance. Can she possibly fly out of NYC or Boston instead of Hartford? She might have more options, since the Hartford airport is smaller than the NYC and Boston airports
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#3 shellb

shellb
    • 533 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:40 PM

She lives less than 20 minutes from the Hartford airport. She would probably spend more in gas and parking driving to Boston or Hartford than the extra cost from Hartford.

#4 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:44 PM

oh okay, well I have her check with a TA about rates, they might not be published yet, but TA's get them earlier than the general public I believe.
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#5 shellb

shellb
      • 533 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:56 PM

Thank you for your help.

I just gave Apple Vacations in the US a call and they checked for me and told me they don't have them in the system to try back at the end of the month.

#6 Christine

Christine
        • VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:58 PM

I thought 10 months was what our TA said.

#7 shellb

shellb
        • 533 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:35 PM

My MOH has been quoted $1400 pp taxes in from Hartford for 7 days at the Melia in Punta Cana. Her and her husband think that because of the rising fuel prices they want to lock in and go with this price.

I sure hope that it is a decent price.

Christine thanks so much for your advice.

#8 lambert13

lambert13
          • 901 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:44 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by shellb
            She lives less than 20 minutes from the Hartford airport. She would probably spend more in gas and parking driving to Boston or Hartford than the extra cost from Hartford.
            We live 10 minutes from Albany INternational Airport.

We save a combined 600-700 dollars by driving 3 hours to NYC and parking instead of flying out of ALB. Just something to look into. It could save a bunch of cash for them.

#9 shellb

shellb
            • 533 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:59 PM

I completely agree. I tried explaining that to her and was told it's not worth the stress of getting to Boston or NY or the time it takes to get there. She's willing to spend the extra, so I am not going to push it. I put it out there and she didn't want to do that. She's almost as hard-headed as I can be sometimes, so I know I can't change her mind.

Thanks though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users