Jump to content

Photo

Maggie Sottero


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Tink

Tink
  • Jr. Member
  • 160 posts

    Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:46 PM

    I cannot wait to try on Adorae at my dress appointment next month! Does anyone know if its heavy or not? I don't want the weight to interfere with being in the water during the trash the dress. 



    #22 TheWolferts

    TheWolferts
    • Jr. Member
    • 458 posts

      Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:37 AM

      I got married in the adorae and it is EXTREMELY heavy! I recently sold mine and we had to weigh it for shipping and it weighed about 7.5 pounds. It's also not the easiest dress to move in since there is so much fabric on the bottom, but everyone I have seen in the dress looks AMAZING! I think it was worth the look I was going for and I would do it again, but it was definitely heavy and hot. I did not do a trash the dress, but dont let that dissuade you from getting the Adorae! The dress resells for quite a bit of the full value (I paid $1400 and sold it for $850), so if you are concerend about the weight when it's wet, Id get the adorae to wear during the wedding/reception and get a cheap white BM dress for the trash the dress.
       



      #23 Tink

      Tink
      • Jr. Member
      • 160 posts

        Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:05 AM

        Originally Posted by TheWolferts 

        I got married in the adorae and it is EXTREMELY heavy! I recently sold mine and we had to weigh it for shipping and it weighed about 7.5 pounds. It's also not the easiest dress to move in since there is so much fabric on the bottom, but everyone I have seen in the dress looks AMAZING! I think it was worth the look I was going for and I would do it again, but it was definitely heavy and hot. I did not do a trash the dress, but dont let that dissuade you from getting the Adorae! The dress resells for quite a bit of the full value (I paid $1400 and sold it for $850), so if you are concerend about the weight when it's wet, Id get the adorae to wear during the wedding/reception and get a cheap white BM dress for the trash the dress.
         

        Thanks for that info, I'm so glad I asked! I love the dress but the weight has always been a concern. Did you wear that crinoline at the bottom of the dress? I've seen some people wear it and some without. I liked the look the of it without it. Maybe if I nix that it might lighten it up?



        #24 TheWolferts

        TheWolferts
        • Jr. Member
        • 458 posts

          Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:14 AM

          Tink-

           

          I did not add additional crinoline, just wore the layers that came with it. Since crinoline is basically stiff netting, I dont think that added to the weight of the dress. I think the stretch satin and the flowing bottom of the dress add the weight.

           

          I really like the look of the flare out of the bottom and think it looks good with the bubble hem. I think if you took the crinoline out, you would lose a lot of that and the dress would just be sheath or column structured. Maybe you could look for a knockoff version of the Adorae to buy as well and use that for your TTD. Since it's a kncok off, they likely wont do it in the nice heavy satin, so it might be lighter.

          Originally Posted by Tink 

          Thanks for that info, I'm so glad I asked! I love the dress but the weight has always been a concern. Did you wear that crinoline at the bottom of the dress? I've seen some people wear it and some without. I liked the look the of it without it. Maybe if I nix that it might lighten it up?



          #25 Tink

          Tink
          • Jr. Member
          • 160 posts

            Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:00 PM

            Originally Posted by TheWolferts 

            Tink-

             

            I did not add additional crinoline, just wore the layers that came with it. Since crinoline is basically stiff netting, I dont think that added to the weight of the dress. I think the stretch satin and the flowing bottom of the dress add the weight.

             

            I really like the look of the flare out of the bottom and think it looks good with the bubble hem. I think if you took the crinoline out, you would lose a lot of that and the dress would just be sheath or column structured. Maybe you could look for a knockoff version of the Adorae to buy as well and use that for your TTD. Since it's a kncok off, they likely wont do it in the nice heavy satin, so it might be lighter.

            Thank you for all of that info! 






            0 user(s) are reading this topic

            0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users