Nylalany's Reviews Part 3 - Al Cielo Wedding - Vendors & Wedding (Riviera Maya)

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 nylalany

• 625 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 08:55 PM

I almost got mine at 23rd street b/c I saw that similar design there - but a) they had a 6 month wait and we wanted our "official" engagement to be earlier than that, and B) they were rude to me when I explained what modifications I wanted, saying they wouldn't do them. So I took my original photos to Peter Norman in Brentwood and he was amazingly enthusiastic and wonderful. But I love 23rd Street's jewelry!

Yeah, the Wholefoods is insane. But good for the area for sure! Hope to see/meet you,

#32 mexicobride2

• 3 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:29 PM

Who married you? I have been looking for a rabbi in the Riviera Maya and I haven't been able to find one. Did you bring someone down or find someone local?
      Thank you!

#33 nylalany

• 625 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 03:29 PM

I ended up having my cousin's husband marry us in a symbolic Jewish ceremony. My husband isn't Jewish anyhow, and I'm sure I could have probably found a rabbi in CA to marry us since we're planning on raising our kids as Jewish, but since I didn't actually have a rabbi I am personally close to (I seem to try different services every year on the high holidays, and that is about it), I felt that I'd prefer to have someone who could conduct a more meaningful ceremony. We still did the blessing over wine, chuppah explanation, shmah, reading of the ketubah, a version of the 7 blessings (my friend wrote a 7 blessing like poem), and the breaking of the glass.

We also got officially married in LA by a friend of the family (a judge). Both the judge and the cousin's husband are Jewish, fi that counts for anything.

I think someone mention that the rabbi in Cancun is orthodox, but that there is a cantor who officiates weddings in the area. Otherwise, maybe fly one in?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users