AHR Ideas???

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cmmillhorn9

• 35 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:18 PM

We are doing the Boarding Pass Save the Dates and Passport Invitations with the hole beachy starfish destination theme.

Does anyone have any ideas what to do for our AHR invites?
    ~Christine 2*9*09

#2 lucy106

• 2,880 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:28 PM

What kind of AHR are you doing? Formal? Informal? A lot of people invited? Time of year?

#3 cmmillhorn9

• 35 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:38 PM

Basically a PARTY!! Informal, around 300 plus people (my FI owns the 700 plus size bar where we are having it at) he knows a lot of people. We are having it on a Sunday in June
        ~Christine 2*9*09

#4 seasidebride

• 12 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:44 AM

That is exactly what we are trying to figure out.
          We had 28 guests at the wedding and invited 100 I think. Most of our family and a lot of our close friends were unable to make the trip. So we are trying to figure out what to do at home.....
          however, if 1 more person asks when we are having it I am going to scream.
          I had my bridal shower a week before the wedding and haven't even sent out Thank you's yet...and I am having a nervous breakdown about it right now.
          Thank God it is going to be a nasty day tomorrow and I am locking myself in the house and doing them all.

For the AHR my husband wants to rent a house in our town, but on the water so that there is a place for his side of the family to stay (they are all about 4+ hours away from us) and where everyone else can come and hang out at the beach and use the boats and play. Then have a cookout of sorts one of the nights.
          I would rather do the same thing, but at a friend's house (which is free) and they live on a lake where boats and beach can still be used, but we can get a tent and a DJ if we want and have a bartender and all that.
          So right now I am trying to convice him, but will I win?

What is everyone else doing? I didn't want to do a hall thing, because that is not us and we would have not done a destination wedding if that is what we were going to do in the first place.

#5 przyby10

• 59 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:58 AM

My FI and I are also doing an AHR. We are going to send out an invitation for our guests to attend the DW. The guests respond to a travel agent who keeps track of the number of people booked. We will also include a STD magnet and postcard for the AHR. This way our guests can send back the postcard and post the magnet on the fridge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users