Photo

What is the best way to call home from Mexico?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 Leia78

Leia78
  • VIP Member
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 06:03 PM

You are on it Michelle! All the questions you've been asking, I actually was wondering myself!! I'm sooooo super excited for you!!! I can't wait for your big day!!!

#12 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:15 PM

I'm glad I read this. I'm calling sprint tomorrow to check on adding the international plan.

#13 michelle08

michelle08
      • VIP Member
      • 2,702 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:04 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by mrsmark08
        We have AT&T also for cell service. When I went for my site visit I added the "Mexico" service, i think for $4.99/month. there is a minimal per minute charge for calls in addition to the monthly rate, but it's i know once i'm there it will be much easier to get in touch w/ my WC, FI and other immediate family that will still have cell service as well. It works to call within Mexico and back home.

OMG Michelle, you leave soon!! i'm SUPER excited for you!!
        I'm super excited too! But a little stressed! I leave in 2 days

#14 michelle08

michelle08
        • VIP Member
        • 2,702 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:05 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Leia78
          You are on it Michelle! All the questions you've been asking, I actually was wondering myself!! I'm sooooo super excited for you!!! I can't wait for your big day!!!
          Thanks leia...I don't feel on it...I feel like I'm going in circles!

#15 golrizlinx

golrizlinx
          • 24 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:16 PM

I was thinking about a calling card too...but it has the down side that you have to search for payphones to use them or get added charges then from the room; i know some resorts do not have payphones on purpose so you use the room phone; also with the sell phone people/vendors can reach you!

i have att and thinking of using that....but i wonder if you unlock your phone and get a SIM card in mexico that would have the best of both worlds but more complicated. Has anyone done this?
            thanks
            Golriz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users