Is this tacky?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 abileneway

• 58 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:24 AM

I'm finishing up my message in a bottle STD and was thinking about handing them out to my friends that work with me. I plan on leaving them on their desks (in the box) when they are not around. Is this tacky? I don't want to seem cheap because I'm not mailing them. But, some of my best friends work with me and I want to make sure they get them unbroken. What do you all think?

#2 drai

• 40 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:27 AM

I think it would be nice if you hand delivered them, it's a bit more personal. But if you left them on the desk I don't think it would be tacky, nice element of surprise when they return.

#3 Copita

• 979 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:38 AM

I don't think it's tacky. You do see them every day so why not just leave it on their desks? :)

#4 Dbell

• 455 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:39 AM

I like the idea of hand delivering!!!

#5 Karen

• 1,308 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:00 AM

I think it's a sweet idea and I doubt your friends will think it's tacky. They will be too excited to think that. = )
            <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#6 Christine

• VIP Member
            • 21,514 posts
            • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
            • Wedding Location:Napa, California
            • LocationReno, NV

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:01 AM

actually I think Anny hand delivered all her invites...I think its a great idea.
            Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#7 jmill130

• 601 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:02 AM

I say hand them out... I love it when I get a surprise at work! Just a thought... is there anyone at work that you are not inviting that will get upset and cause problems?

#8 rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:16 AM

I hand delivered my save the dates. about 10 of my friends work in the same building so it made sense. It was fun to hand deliver them anyway. It's not like they benefit at all from you paying the postal service to deliver them.

#9 nikkianddean

• 1,881 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:27 AM

I love the idea of a personal hand delivery. I wish I could go on a natuionwide tour to hand out all of mine!!!

Mr. & Mrs. C
                  February 14, 2009

#10 Bride010101

• 1,547 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:39 AM

I think they will love it! Who doesn't love coming back to their desk and finding a suprise?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users