Photo

Passport STD Help with copying/pasting

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 FYB87

FYB87
  • 976 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 02:35 PM

Okay...I must be a complete idiot because I can't figure this out. Since there are two passports on one page I am trying to copy the first one on the page and copy it to the other side of the page. I know I read on here what to do. I wrote down: Control "A" then Control "C" and that does not work. Of course, I have gone and searched about 5 times and still can't find where I saw those instructions. Can someone please tell me how to do this before I pull my hair out I go back to work tomorrow after a 6 month haitus and I'm trying to get this and my invitations completed today. That way once we pick our location and date I can just plug that in. Thanks so much!

#2 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
    • 5,681 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 03:00 PM

Control C is copy
      Control V is paste
      Control Z is undo
      Hope this helps!?

#3 FYB87

FYB87
      • 976 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 03:17 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Jenn3878
        Control C is copy
        Control V is paste
        Control Z is undo
        Hope this helps!?
        Yeah...that normally works with most things. But, It's not working in this case. Thanks though! I just wish I could find the post that had the instructions. It's not in anyone else's instructions that I have downloaded on my computer. This sucks!

#4 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 03:56 PM

control a selects it all

what program?

#5 FYB87

FYB87
          • 976 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 04:40 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Morgan
            control a selects it all

what program?
            Powerpoint....I could see control a was selecting it but I couldn't get it to paste to the other side!

#6 FYB87

FYB87
            • 976 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 04:52 PM

Okay...I think I have it figured out. I did Control A then Control V. It's not in the exact same position. But, I think I can get it now. Now another question. I want to use a template from someone else but I want to turn it upside down because I don't want it to face that direction (it's a boarding pass). Anyone know how to do that. I think I need to start another thread!

#7 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 05:31 PM

Do you know how to group it? its in the draw menu. Select it & group. Then when you paste it somewhere you can drag it easily. It paste in a random place each time.

Click on the image & a box pops up around it. Grap the green dot & you can rotate it. There is also "flip" in the draw menu.

#8 FYB87

FYB87
                • 976 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:03 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Morgan
                  Do you know how to group it? its in the draw menu. Select it & group. Then when you paste it somewhere you can drag it easily. It paste in a random place each time.

Click on the image & a box pops up around it. Grap the green dot & you can rotate it. There is also "flip" in the draw menu.
                  Is that in Word? Because the Boarding Pass is in Word. I couldn't find a template on the forum that had the BPs in Powerpoint. Other wise I would have used that instead! I did try to put it in PowerPoint but part of it is hanging off the slide. Thanks for all of your help!

#9 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 18,759 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:14 PM

Oh, I thought you said you were working in powerpoint.

I moved a template (jmill130s) into powerpoint. It's missing a piece though.

You can resize the powerpoint file size in the file menu.

There is a thread about flipping stuff in word. I never draw in word so I don't know off hand.

Attached Files

#10 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 18,759 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:15 PM

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t18924

This might help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users