Sign in to follow this  
FYB87

Passport STD Help with copying/pasting

Okay...I must be a complete idiot because I can't figure this out. Since there are two passports on one page I am trying to copy the first one on the page and copy it to the other side of the page. I know I read on here what to do. I wrote down: Control "A" then Control "C" and that does not work. Of course, I have gone and searched about 5 times and still can't find where I saw those instructions. Can someone please tell me how to do this before I pull my hair outhuh.gif I go back to work tomorrow after a 6 month haitus and I'm trying to get this and my invitations completed today. That way once we pick our location and date I can just plug that in. Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn3878 View Post
Control C is copy
Control V is paste
Control Z is undo
Hope this helps!?
Yeah...that normally works with most things. But, It's not working in this case. Thanks though! I just wish I could find the post that had the instructions. It's not in anyone else's instructions that I have downloaded on my computer. This sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
control a selects it all

what program?
Powerpoint....I could see control a was selecting it but I couldn't get it to paste to the other side!

Okay...I think I have it figured out. I did Control A then Control V. It's not in the exact same position. But, I think I can get it now. Now another question. I want to use a template from someone else but I want to turn it upside down because I don't want it to face that direction (it's a boarding pass). Anyone know how to do that. I think I need to start another thread!huh.gif

Do you know how to group it? its in the draw menu. Select it & group. Then when you paste it somewhere you can drag it easily. It paste in a random place each time.

Click on the image & a box pops up around it. Grap the green dot & you can rotate it. There is also "flip" in the draw menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Do you know how to group it? its in the draw menu. Select it & group. Then when you paste it somewhere you can drag it easily. It paste in a random place each time.

Click on the image & a box pops up around it. Grap the green dot & you can rotate it. There is also "flip" in the draw menu.
Is that in Word? Because the Boarding Pass is in Word. I couldn't find a template on the forum that had the BPs in Powerpoint. Other wise I would have used that instead! I did try to put it in PowerPoint but part of it is hanging off the slide. Thanks for all of your help!

Oh, I thought you said you were working in powerpoint.

I moved a template (jmill130s) into powerpoint. It's missing a piece though.

You can resize the powerpoint file size in the file menu.

There is a thread about flipping stuff in word. I never draw in word so I don't know off hand.

boarding pass.ppt