hey congratulations on your up coming wedding,
i'm getting married at the ROR this May i was going to have the caprice package but when looking into the price and whats included we are going for the free one now. check out this thread for my breakdown and a rough idea of prices, b/c they will be diff for 2010
Just getting started and sooooo confused!!!!! (RIU Ocho Rios, Jamaica)
13 replies to this topic
Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:26 PM
Most of this was answered already, but I'll still see what I can tell you...
| Originally Posted by vdambs |
My questions are as follows and if you can help in anyway I would soooo appreciate it!!!!!
1. My soon to be father-in-law is a paster here in the US and we would like to incorporate him into the service in some way, would that be possible to incorporate him even if it's just to say a prayer or do we need to have the Jamaican minister do the entire service? I'm sure he can either do the service himself or at the very least say a prayer. I don't think you need to use their minister.
2. If we choose the religious ceremony will we be able to incorporate a unity candle lighting during the ceremony? yes, that's not a problem, I think at least one girl did this
3. We are looking at purchasing the Caprice wedding package and would like to know what the reception consists of. Is this a "sit down" dinner with music and dancing?The included dinner is a semi-private dinner. For a private dinner with a dj, there are extra fees.
4. What kind of food is served at the reception? Will the guests just order as if they were eating at a regular restaurant? There are set menus as far as I know. I have the 4 menus for the Plantation Restaurant posted here somewhere. I can email them to you if you can't find them.
5. Will we be able to have the reception right after the wedding ceremony? It depends what time your ceremony is and where you want to have the reception.
6. Will the cake be served at the reception or right after the wedding? I believe you can choose when you want it.
7. Will we be able to provide our own cake serving set for the cake cutting? Yes, I don't see why not.
8. At the reception will we be able to have our special song played so that we are able to have our first dance as a married couple to "our song"? Yes, if you have the dj, they can play it for you. If you don't have the dj, you can use your own ipod or other stereo to play your own music.
9. What do the Caprice wedding package decorations include for the wedding ceremony? ?
10. Do you have pictures available to send of wedding decorations, wedding locations, bouquet, boutonniere and cake designs? There are tons of pics here in the Jamaica section of the forum.
11. Does the spa offer someone to do my make-up for me (the Bride) on the wedding day? They have someone. I'm not sure what the cost is.
12. Is there Golf offered close to the resort? I believe there is a golf course nearby which has public access, but I will check for sure when I'm down there in a few weeks.
13. Will there be free transportation for all guests to and from the airport to the resort on both the day of arrival and the day of departure? That is something that you arrange with you and your guests arrange with your TA. As far as I know, the RIU does not provide this.
14. Will we be able to hold a rehearsal dinner for the bridal party the night before the wedding? Yes, at St. Ann's Restaurant at no extra charge.
15. Does the resort offer group guide tours either free of charge or at a rate? There are various tour operators in the lobby of the hotel. You need to pay extra for excursions.
16. Will we be able to provide our own cake topper or does the cake already come with a cake topper? You can provide your own.
17. We would like to provide a welcome gift to all of our guests who will be staying at your resort?
18. If so, are we allowed to have the gifts placed in their rooms on arrival? I believe the cost is $2.00 per bag to have the resort do this.
19. If so, are we allowed to arrange to have them shipped to the resort prior to our arrival? No, Chandlyn does not accept responsibility for anything that is shipped.
20. Will the resort offer a room block for the guests so that they are all able to stay at your resort? That is something to work out with your TA.
21. How far in advance do our wedding guest's rooms need to be booked? I had some book almost 1 year in advance and others now booking 2 weeks before.
22. Is October a good time to hold a wedding in Jamaica? I'm not sure. Try checking the Jamaican weather online.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users