Reception Seating - family or friends closer?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nylalany

• 625 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:43 PM

I have 13 tables of 8 (more or less) and a sweetheart for us. The layout is bad though b/c the sweetheart is at the end of a sort of rectangle/oval area, so there are about 3-5 tables that are closer to us and the other 7 are on the other side. My bridal party is split across approximately 3 tables, because they are a mix of relatives and friends that we put with people they know. We have 2 parent tables (one on each side), but I feel like the parents tables should be close to the their contemporary relatives tables. So if I put our parents tables near us, we end up with all the older relatives near us, and the friends and wedding party on the other side. Maybe it doesn't matter b/c it is just dinner? It is very frustrating!!

#2 lucy106

• 2,880 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:46 PM

I dont think it really matters too much. But I know my parents would want to be near us so if you can handle it then i would vote for the family tables closer to you if possible.

#3 boscobel

• VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:48 PM

That setup is kinda hard. I think that parents and bridal party should be nearer to you and then everyone else should fall into place around them.

#4 melglnh2o

• 1,016 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:53 PM

I am finalizing my seating chart too and was having some similar issues but I put all the family closer to us. I figure that after dinner we will all be mingling and it won't really matter. I don't have a sweetheart table though. We opted to have our parents and his grandmother (the only grandparent left) sit with us.

#5 Bride010101

• 1,547 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:48 PM

That is a tough call. I would have to say for minimal conflict, I would put family near by. Especially if its just for dinner!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users