Photo

Does anyone know how to fray a paper edge for my menus?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Lorilou

Lorilou
  • 533 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:15 PM

Click the image to open in full size.
    I'm trying to figure out how to get this look for our wedding menus. Anyone know how to give the torn edge effect without actually having to tear 90 menus thanks.

#2 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
    • Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:19 PM

let me see if i can find it.. BRB..

Click the image to open in full size.

And, you will actually have to tear the sheets, but at least it makes it easier.

#3 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:29 PM

lori, you can also go to the dick blick art store off of clybourn and north ave... they sell several different brands of paper with deckled edges so you dont have to tear them.

#4 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
    • 4,881 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
    • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
    • LocationNew York

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:30 PM

You may be able to purchase a deckle edged paper cutter - it won't be truly torn, but it will look as though it is.

Alternatively, you can buy deckle edged paper in the size you need.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#5 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
    • Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:30 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Maura
    lori, you can also go to the dick blick art store off of clybourn and north ave... they sell several different brands of paper with deckled edges so you dont have to tear them.
    OH RIGHT ON! I've never even seen this! pre-torn paper would rock for those who need to do a million sheets!

#6 Lorilou

Lorilou
    • 533 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:45 PM

Quote:
      okay, i think there is a Blick Art store by my yoga studio on Chicago. I'll try there. thanks!

#7 Lorilou

Lorilou
      • 533 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:48 PM

thanks Abbie, Maura, and Rebecca. I'll see if i can find it precut first and then go for the DIY project. :)

#8 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,752 posts
        • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:58 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Lorilou
        thanks Abbie, Maura, and Rebecca. I'll see if i can find it precut first and then go for the DIY project. :)
        i just bought this deckle edge paper yesterday from the blick store because it matches my invitation paper from white aisle. its made by fabriano medioevalis.

Fabriano Medioevalis Stationery - BLICK art materials

the store doesnt have every single size, but a decent selection. if you order from the website, the shipping is relatively quick. they have more sizes on the web too. if you want to buy them from there, let me know, i can meet you over there or give you my discount card number for a web order (since im a college prof i get 10% off).

and sorry my bad, its off north & clybourn but the address is actually on kingsbury -- right by the old navy. the other stores that carry it are located at:
        42 S. State St (dick blick)
        225 W. Chicago Ave (this is not actually a dick blick store, its the pearl paint store across the street frm papersource)
        332 S Michigan Ave (Utrecht art store near the school of the Art Institute)

you should ask for either fabriano medioevalis or arturo fine stationery products, its the same thing but goes by two dif names. most places carry the white and the ivory.

#9 Lorilou

Lorilou
        • 533 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 02:05 PM

Quote:
          i just bought this deckle edge paper yesterday from the blick store because it matches my invitation paper from white aisle. its made by fabriano medioevalis.

Fabriano Medioevalis Stationery - BLICK art materials

the store doesnt have every single size, but a decent selection. if you order from the website, the shipping is relatively quick. they have more sizes on the web too. if you want to buy them from there, let me know, i can meet you over there or give you my discount card number for a web order (since im a college prof i get 10% off).

and sorry my bad, its off north & clybourn but the address is actually on kingsbury -- right by the old navy. the other stores that carry it are located at:
          42 S. State St (dick blick)
          225 W. Chicago Ave (this is not actually a dick blick store, its the pearl paint store across the street frm papersource)
          332 S Michigan Ave (Utrecht art store near the school of the Art Institute)

you should ask for either fabriano medioevalis or arturo fine stationery products, its the same thing but goes by two dif names. most places carry the white and the ivory.
          Thanks Maura, I know exactly where the stores are, next to Design within Reach. yep. thanks so much. I can't wait to get these last minute details done!! I'll see what they have and email you. Thanks again.

#10 Lorilou

Lorilou
          • 533 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 02:08 PM

shoot, i'm looking online. The way the designer formated my menus i just need a standard Letter Size sheet to print two to a page...doesn't look like they have that size online. I'll probably just go in to see them in person.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users