*The official St. Lucia Brides CHAT thread*

• Please log in to reply
586 replies to this topic

#231 CTall119

CTall119
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:24 AM

Hi Chickadee!

I have heard wonderful things about the resort you are staying at! Have a wonderful time, have an AMAZING wedding - and I am super excited to hear all about your amazing wedding/honeymoon upon your return!

Congratulations on your new wedding dress! Your fourth and final! I too have had two dresses (the most recent, a Jessica McClintock purchased yesterday) and I know exactly what you mean about not feeling like a bride or having a dress - purchased online - not flatter your figure!

Have a wondeful time...a safe flight...and an incredible vacation!
    Regards,
    Chantelle

#232 sn0048

sn0048
    • 264 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 02:49 PM

Hey Kasey,
      If you PM me your email addy I can send you some extra info on the Almond Morgan Bay
      ~Shivani

#233 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,368 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:22 PM

Hey girls, I finally posted my review (it's in my siggy). There are some minor details I left off that you may be interested, so feel free to ask me anything.

#234 sn0048

sn0048
        • 264 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:55 PM

Kristy,
          Your review was great and your pictures are gorgeous! Congratulations :)

#235 Kla.Kari

Kla.Kari
          • 101 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:51 PM

Hey all the new(est) St Lucia Brides! I haven't been on here in a while but am open to any questions.

We stayed at the Coco Palm Resort (not an AI) and so glad we did. We had the opportunity to meet several locals, eat at the local dining spots, and have some pretty awesome adventures around the island.

Our wedding was held Cliff Side at Pigeon Island National Park, absolutely gorgeous. St Lucia is truly Simply Beautiful!
            Courtesy of Josh Brown Photography

Pigeon Island, St. Lucia
            April 11, 2009Simply Beautiful

#236 sn0048

sn0048
            • 264 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:26 AM

Hey Kla.Kari!
              Great to see another Dallas St. Lucia Bride :) Congrats on your wedding! I think we may do a day trip to Pigeon Island any restaurants you would recommend? Thanks in advance!
              ~Shivani

#237 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 6,368 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:16 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Kla.Kari
                We stayed at the Coco Palm Resort (not an AI) and so glad we did. We had the opportunity to meet several locals, eat at the local dining spots, and have some pretty awesome adventures around the island.
                Coco Palm is in an awesome location. Did you eat at The Edge? I'm drooling just thinking about it. So phenomenal! My family went to the Fire Grill and Big Chep Steakhouse and were very impressed with both.

How gorgeous is Pigeon Island? I was so happy we chose to get married there as well. I can't wait to see the pro pics.

I love how Jet Blue announces while we're on our honeymoon that they're going to start flying to St. Lucia directly from JFK for $99 each way. I'm happy for future trips, but it would've been nice for my guests if that had gone into effect a year earlier. Oh well! I want to go back right now!

#238 Kla.Kari

Kla.Kari
                • 101 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:05 PM

@Shivani: We actually ate in Castries at this wonderful place - I think it's called "Pirates" or something - anyway, it's on the 2nd floor in a shopping complex right off the docks in downtown castries -- our Videographers brother is the owner. I will see if we can get an address or the real name so you can find it.

Also, right in Gros Islet, there is this magnificent Gyro shop, a BBQ Shack, and pizza place all in the same area. And, if you crave something from "home", there are Burger King, KFC, and Dominoes around town.

On our last full day there, we discovered this French Bistro, delicious breakfast! And reasonably priced. My friends loved this place called The Lime; I didn't get to eat there so can't really say. Again, all are in the same area of Gros Islet. We stayed away from a lot of the resorts, and the resort pricing, but did eat once at an Indian restaurant by the resorts (again, don't recall the name).

I can say that the entire time we were in St Lucia, we did not have one bad meal. And you're fortunate, the Almond Morgan Bay is just up the path from the main areas in Gros Islet, so you shouldn't have a hard time finding everything.

Pigeon Island, St. Lucia

#239 Kla.Kari

Kla.Kari
                  • 101 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:05 PM

@Kristi: Our dinner reception was at The Edge. We did the Chef's tasting menu, and I swear they brought out like 17 courses (ok, maybe it was 6, but it was a lot of really good, Excellently Prepared, and Wonderfully Presented food).

Pigeon Island! OMG, I was so glad we had a rehearsal there the day before... otherwise, we'd have spent our entire wedding just looking around!

Yeah, and what's with announcing awesome airfare once we've already gone! But it will be great for a one year anniversary trip, right!?!

Pigeon Island, St. Lucia

#240 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 6,368 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:28 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Kla.Kari
                      Yeah, and what's with announcing awesome airfare once we've already gone! But it will be great for a one year anniversary trip, right!?!
                      I seriously can't even think about it. I really just want to hop on a plane and go back right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users