Jennifer

*The official St. Lucia Brides CHAT thread*

We are planning a wedding on the beach at the Windjammer... have you tried emailing the wedding planners- Melanie and Simone... they usually respond to my questions pretty quickly. Let me know if you have any questions :)

Hi everyone! I am going to be a St Lucia bride also. We are getting married on

08-09-10 at the Windjammer. We are going on a cruise in November and we are stopping in St Lucia and we are going to the resort to check it out. I am super excited about meeting the coordinators and taking a tour of the property.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulette View Post
I am looking seriously at StLucia too for April 2010. Any advise? Thanx.
I have not picked a resort yet.
Hi Paulette! What are you looking for in a resort? AI or not? Maybe a private villa instead? Do you want to get married at the resort or offsite?

My advice is to get married in St. Lucia! I am so happy I did!

I agree with Kristy! St. Lucia is an amazing place and you will not regret your decision one bit! I went the resort route so if you have any questions let me know :)

I would like to be a St. Lucia Bride. Planning to have a wedding July,2010. I am so overwhelmed by everything I have no idea where to start. I am on a strict budget and I want everything haha. I would like something all-inclusive looking at having around 15 guests. I have very little time to plan so I need a wedding consultant or planner to help out with most details. I have never been out of the States and neither has majority of my family. So suggestions on where to start who to contact anything would be appreciated!

Good luck and Congratulations to everyone!

Hi Callie! Welcome to the St. Lucia brides thread!

Here are some AI's on the island:

Windjammer

Sandals (adults only)

Rendezvous (adults only)

Almond Morgan Bay

Almond Smugglers Cove

Coconut Bay (pretty secluded, but I've stayed there)

Rex Resorts

I've stayed at both AI and non-AI on St. Lucia, and personally, I liked non-AI better (there are so many awesome restaurants on the island). Many non-AI places come with wedding coordinators, so I wouldn't totally count them out. I lucked out because our private villa came with one who was just phenomenal.

But anyway, I'm not here to change your mind! I would recommend avoiding the Soufriere area since you're on a tight budget because it tends to be more expensive. Will you have children at your wedding?

Just to let you know, you're choosing a great place to start your outside-of-US travels. St. Lucia is a very friendly island and I felt totally safe there. You're going to LOVE it!