Photo

How long do you have to stay in Mexico?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MaureenM618

MaureenM618
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:20 PM

How long would we need to stay in Mexico for our wedding? I'd like to spend about 4-5 nights and then go to Costa Rica on my honeymoon. Is that possible or do you have to stay for 7 nights?

#2 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:26 PM

To have a legal wedding the offical number is 4 days, however it really depends on your WC because they can usually cut some time off by doing some of the stuff before hand..

#3 MaureenM618

MaureenM618
      • 27 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:52 PM

Thanks. So 4-5 nights can be done. Good because I really want to spend a few nights in costa rica!

#4 TammyB

TammyB
        • 10,630 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:59 PM

Yeah you should have plenty of time, just be sure to talk to your WC for exact timeline.

#5 Adamsgrrl

Adamsgrrl
          • 466 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 01:19 PM

I agree.... to get legally married in Mexico you need to arrive 3 days prior to the wedding date. The day of travel does not count. So you should be fine.

#6 VALERIE

VALERIE
            • 97 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 08:35 PM

I think it depends of the resort to some extent. We have to be there for 3 days, and the day of travel does count for us.

Another thing to note if you are having guests, the witnesses also have to be there for the 3 days prior to the wedding (or whatever your hotel has as a rule).

#7 aimee

aimee
              • 1,662 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 01:42 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by VALERIE
                I think it depends of the resort to some extent. We have to be there for 3 days, and the day of travel does count for us.

Another thing to note if you are having guests, the witnesses also have to be there for the 3 days prior to the wedding (or whatever your hotel has as a rule).
                WHAT!? the witnesses also have to be there 3 days prior to the wedding I thought it was only the bride & groom b/c of the blood test thing. OMG, I don't need this stress!!

#8 VALERIE

VALERIE
                • 97 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 10:31 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by riubride
                  WHAT!? the witnesses also have to be there 3 days prior to the wedding I thought it was only the bride & groom b/c of the blood test thing. OMG, I don't need this stress!!
                  We ran into the same thing. I need 4 witnesses and only 2 of them are coming out with us a day early to abide by the 3-day rule. I now have to "purchase" two more witnesses for $20 each from our resort! HA!

#9 Adamsgrrl

Adamsgrrl
                  • 466 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 02:39 PM

I didn't mean to freak you out. You can "buy" witnesses at the hotel, if you don't mind having the staff present at your wedding and signing the documents. It's about $20 per person.

#10 aimee

aimee
                    • 1,662 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:46 PM

LOL. I think I'm just gonna buy my witnesses as well. I can't stress about everything. I just had a major stress attack about our wedding date.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users