BDW font swap - email deactivated

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#31 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
  • VIP Member
  • 18,452 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 06:11 PM

If i get a break this weekend i'm going to try to do this.
    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#32 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:16 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Maura
      morgan, what about people who have macs?
      Are the font files any different? I thought they were the same.

#33 JennyK

JennyK
      • 3,502 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:25 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Morgan
        Hey Jenny, I sent your fonts to the BDW font swap email. I just had to delete a few to make it small enough so I removed some that were already in the collection.

The collection is huge already. It's also super easy to get them on your computer. I'm so happy with how this is working out!!!
        Nice :) I also am guilty of the sexy fonts

#34 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,752 posts
        • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 23 March 2008 - 03:54 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Morgan
        Are the font files any different? I thought they were the same.
        no theyre different. for example on dafont.com, i have to download the mac version. if i try to download the PC file, its blank and wont open on my mac.

Here's why:
        Fonts on PCs and MACs have a slightly different file structure making them incompatible to be read directly by each other's platform machines. There are many fonts that are designed for both platforms but there will still be differences between the two versions. The biggest difference will be the spacing between letters will vary slightly so even if it's the same font it might lay out differently than you intend.

#35 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 04:14 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Maura
          no theyre different. for example on dafont.com, i have to download the mac version. if i try to download the PC file, its blank and wont open on my mac.

Here's why:
          Fonts on PCs and MACs have a slightly different file structure making them incompatible to be read directly by each other's platform machines. There are many fonts that are designed for both platforms but there will still be differences between the two versions. The biggest difference will be the spacing between letters will vary slightly so even if it's the same font it might lay out differently than you intend.
          I didn't realize.

If people have mac fonts, they can do the same thing, but put "Fonts for Macs" or something like that in the email subject line. That way people can distinguish the types of fonts.

Currently there are no Mac fonts in the collection (that I know of), but if you add yours maybe other Mac users will add theirs too. That way you can get some new fonts too.

#36 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 04:16 PM

6. Email your fonts to both email addresses. Put PC or Mac in the subject line depending on what type of computer you have. The font files are different for Macs or PCs.

I added this info to step 6.

#37 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 12:42 PM

Holy goodness. I tried to email mine, but it was too big. In the meantime, I was downloading everyone else's font and I know have over 700! Going to work on sending mine in a few different emails now, only thing is most will be repeats since I have already copied some peoples... Whoops.

#38 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 5,752 posts
              • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 25 March 2008 - 12:45 PM

i will get some mac fonts together when i get home!

#39 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 12:48 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by carly
                Holy goodness. I tried to email mine, but it was too big. In the meantime, I was downloading everyone else's font and I know have over 700! Going to work on sending mine in a few different emails now, only thing is most will be repeats since I have already copied some peoples... Whoops.
                break it up into groups of 150. Repeats aren't really a problem. you just have to click OK for each repeat.

#40 boscobel

boscobel
                • VIP Member
                • 24,213 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 12:57 PM

Oh, I already did it in groups of 200. I hope it goes thru! Will try again, if not...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users