Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TammyWright

Dominican Republic Legal Marriage Information

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahiabride2010 View Post
$2000 to change your name? I'm a little confused sad.gif I've never heard of something like that. Who do we pay to change our names?

Question: How far in advance to you send the documents to WEDO? I've heard you can't do it until 3 months till the wedding date. We are 8 months away...how soon should we do this?
sorry the $2000 I think only apply to those who live in Quebec and want to change their names. When you come back you have the choice in ON you can change all your info with your Husband last name or you don't have to.. right?! not sure.. But here in Quebec there is no choice, you keep your last name, so if you really wanted to change it, it'd cost $2000.

I'll be using WEDO as well, I will do it 2 and half months before we leave. It's only good for 3 months the paper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all-

Does anyone know how long it takes to get your marriage cert. back from the DR? All the info says 8-12 weeks...

 

we used wedo for translation and had no problems. thanks-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8phoenix8 View Post
Hi all-
Does anyone know how long it takes to get your marriage cert. back from the DR? All the info says 8-12 weeks...

we used wedo for translation and had no problems. thanks-
I heard and was told by my Coordinator it can take between 6-8 weeks.

My question is what do I do with my spanish certificate? do I translate it into english? and will I have to legalize it as well?

thanks for anyone who can answer this for me

We used the consulate in Montreal, there was no problem but more $$ then WEDO ($360US)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post
I heard and was told by my Coordinator it can take between 6-8 weeks.

My question is what do I do with my spanish certificate? do I translate it into english? and will I have to legalize it as well?

thanks for anyone who can answer this for me

We used the consulate in Montreal, there was no problem but more $$ then WEDO ($360US)
check out this thread, mostly Canadian peeps responding, hope this helps! thanks!

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...slation-49582/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post
Thank you!
btw your pic is small, but I can see it still and you looked amazing and so beautiful!! Congrates!!! :)
Thank you! we had such a great time. here's a link to my snapfish of some of the pics...good luck to you. you will have a great wedding!

Snapfish: Share:Registration

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8phoenix8 View Post
Thank you! we had such a great time. here's a link to my snapfish of some of the pics...good luck to you. you will have a great wedding!

Snapfish: Share:Registration
You made a stunning/beautiful bride.. your new husband is a very lucky man!!
Beautiful pictures.. who did them?
Congrates again.. can't stress how great you look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post
You made a stunning/beautiful bride.. your new husband is a very lucky man!!
Beautiful pictures.. who did them?
Congrates again.. can't stress how great you look.
thank you so much. we were extremely pleased w/the pics. we went w/photo souvenir. they were very reasonable compared to what we would've paid here, we had all our prints and dvds before we left. the photog was alot of fun, on time and very organized.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8phoenix8 View Post
thank you so much. we were extremely pleased w/the pics. we went w/photo souvenir. they were very reasonable compared to what we would've paid here, we had all our prints and dvds before we left. the photog was alot of fun, on time and very organized.
aww!! I really wanted to use them, but by the time I started looking for photographer's they were already booked. So I booked to HCD.. I've seen a lot of pictures so far I don't regret it but the true test will be my wedding and TTD session!

Thanks again for the link it was helpful! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by marisacastro View Post
I'm from the US and I used WEDO out of Houston, Tx for my wedding in March. It was all legal...I have my DR marriage certificate and a legally translated version that I used to change my name on my SSN with no problem.
I really hope you will see this post! lol How long did it take for you to receive your marriage certificate after you were married?! Im getting nervous because its coming up on two months & I havent received anything...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×