• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#1 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:48 AM

Reputation points are kind of mysterious. You can give someone a rep point, if you like what they posted, by clicking on the scale in the bottom left hand corner of a post. You can pick to give them positive or negative repuation. Then you can also leave a comment.

The person will see these points at the bottom of their user CP. It's a nice little reminder that people appreciate your help & support.

We think rep points lead to Karma. But, I don't know that this has been proven.

Most of my rep points have a bright green square next to them. Two of mine have dark blue suares. I'm not sure if these means I was left negative rep points. The comments next to them are positive, so maybe someone just slipped up.

You can't rep the same person too many times in a row. A pop up will tell you to spread the love around. Also, you are limited to how much you can rep within 24 hours.

Do we really know what all the magic of the forum is all about? No. But, rep points are a great way to say "Hey thanks man" without using 500 points to buy a gift. So it's great for newbies & point horders. It's also really quick to do.

Go forth & rep! Show a BDW member you care!

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:51 AM

Is it bad that I've been here for a long time and never paid attention to what is down where the scale is? Good info :)

#3 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:54 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by starchild
        Is it bad that I've been here for a long time and never paid attention to what is down where the scale is? Good info :)
        It's fun that there are so many BDW secrets that there is always something new to learn. Look on your user CP at the bottom. I've repped you recently.

#4 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:56 AM

Okay lame-o has another question...where on the bottom is my user cp?

#5 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 10,366 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:58 AM

thanks for the reminder, Morgan, I have totally forgotten all about them. It seems we don't pay them much attention

#6 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 10,366 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:59 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by starchild
              Okay lame-o has another question...where on the bottom is my user cp?
              go to your usercp and scroll all the way to the bottom is says reputation

Funny, Morgan some of mine are blue as well as green, I have never noticed that!

#7 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
              • 26,161 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:02 AM

I found it!! Another thing I've never seen...now I feel like I should thank people who gave me points like 8 months ago...lol

#8 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 10,366 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:03 AM

hmmmm, mine doesn't show back that far, mine only shows 2 weeks

#9 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                  • 26,161 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:05 AM

You probably have a lot more than me...lol

#10 boscobel

boscobel
                    • VIP Member
                    • 24,213 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:09 AM

Interesting! I love giving gifts, but I've received a few rep points also, and that's always cool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users