Photo

Two-Dress Bride?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 shelleyf

shelleyf
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:55 AM

I like the first dress a lil better also, but I don't think there is anything wrong with 2 dresses! I would love to do that myself!

I would definitely wear #1 to the ceremony and *just a thought* you could shorten dress #2 to just below the kneecap for a flirty party dress after dinner when the dancing starts. If you had 2 dresses, you could also do some TTD photos with dress #1 - if you are into that sort of thing. I love those pics!

#12 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
    • 716 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 01:57 AM

I think dress #2 is soooo flattering on you. Beautiful!! That's my pick!

#13 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
      • 1,266 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:43 AM

Here is my honest opinion: (only because I would want your honest opinion of my 2 dresses)

Dress 1 is pretty. It looks different on the model though - maybe it will look better on you at the last fitting. Its not form fitting or shapely.

Dress 2 looks very very good on you. It is very pretty minus the bow.

I have this feeling that its the main reason why most people vote for 1. Get rid of the long bow string or the whole bow. I love the neckline on you and the waist part makes you look so darn thin.

Hope this helps!

#14 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
        • 4,881 posts
        • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
        • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
        • LocationNew York

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:50 AM

I like dress #1 better, which is funny because my dress is a lace halter, a bit like dress #2.

Both are very nice, and you need to wear the dress that you like best. But I vote for #1.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#15 CarrieRN

CarrieRN
        • 815 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:40 PM

I like the first one too. You will probably like it more once it is altered and more fitted to you. Both dresses are very pretty.
          http://i236.photobuc....m/IMG_1472.jpg
          Philip at 1 yr old. Go Steelers!
          Soon I will get to post wedding pics, figure I should get some more Philip in first!

http://dv.daisypath.com/Mvdhm5/.png

#16 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 4,513 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 01:14 PM

I like #2 the best, they both look nice on you though. The only thing about #1 is that you said it was heavy - I just don't want you to be too hot and not be able to enjoy your wedding in a heavy dress!

#17 plumsugar

plumsugar
            • 175 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 01:24 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by BarefootBride
              Dress 1 is pretty. It looks different on the model though - maybe it will look better on you at the last fitting. Its not form fitting or shapely.

Dress 2 looks very very good on you. It is very pretty minus the bow.

I have this feeling that its the main reason why most people vote for 1. Get rid of the long bow string or the whole bow. I love the neckline on you and the waist part makes you look so darn thin.

You finally saw the pictures!

If I take dress 2 in for alterations, those strings are exactly what I would get rid of first lol! The halter area fits me like a glove, but once it gets to my waistline, it gets really big/loose and doesn’t create the mermaid shape it's meant to (as you can see in the pictures). That would need to be taken care of as well. Really though, I think the simplicity of dress 2 is what I like the most about it...

I guess its always good to have a backup plan if you’re having second thoughts on your dress! I also feel much more calm waiting for dress 1 based on everyones input. Thank you ladies! And at least I don’t feel this way about FI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users