Photo

Another School Shooting-so sad

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 amym567

amym567
  • 403 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 11:53 PM

NIU is VERY close to where I live. Many people from my area attend that college. A sub at school today got a call from his girlfriend who was in lock-down in her classroom because it had just happened. It is so sad! I just can't understand what makes people do these things. So sad to think that people have to be nervous as they go about their daily business (just like the Lane Bryant shooting a few weeks ago!).
    Amy

#12 sn2bski

sn2bski
    • 94 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 12:38 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by amym567
      NIU is VERY close to where I live. Many people from my area attend that college. A sub at school today got a call from his girlfriend who was in lock-down in her classroom because it had just happened. It is so sad! I just can't understand what makes people do these things. So sad to think that people have to be nervous as they go about their daily business (just like the Lane Bryant shooting a few weeks ago!).
      Amy
      Where do you live? I grew up in Rochelle-about 15min west of NIU. I know a lot of people who went there and still go there (I also lived in Dekalb for about 3 years). I can't believe something like this can happen so close to home! I think I'm kinda still in shock about the whole thing! What can we do to stop this madness? It seems to happening everywhere!

#13 amym567

amym567
      • 403 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 12:54 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by sn2bski
        Where do you live? I grew up in Rochelle-about 15min west of NIU. I know a lot of people who went there and still go there (I also lived in Dekalb for about 3 years). I can't believe something like this can happen so close to home! I think I'm kinda still in shock about the whole thing! What can we do to stop this madness? It seems to happening everywhere!
        I'm in Machesney Park, just outside of Rockford. I used to teach in Lindenwood.

Amy

#14 sn2bski

sn2bski
        • 94 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 01:36 AM

Crazy-my mom grew up in Lindenwood-almost all of her family still lives there. This shooting hit way too close to home! My cousin works at Kishwaukee hospital.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users