• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#11 Infinity22

Infinity22
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 06:22 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jggm
    I am not sure how many weddings they hold a day. I am going this June for a site visit so I will get all the details. I know that there will be a wedding going on while I am there. I will give you all the details when I come back. Let me know if you have any other questions and I will try my best to get some answers. This is the only resort that I have really, really liked. All of its reviews on trip advisor are very consistant. Plus I have had several friends go here and absolutely love it.

If you check out Sol Tamargo's blog you can find pictures of a wedding that took place here. It looks beautiful!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know what you decide!!!
    Thanks,
    Jen
    I do know this.....THEY DON'T HOLD ONLY ONE WEDDING A DAY! I'm actually going to be there before June hits, so I'll have to give you a review myself. =)

#12 Chelle

Chelle
    • 10 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:34 PM

We're getting married at the Excellence resort in Playa Mujeres and I can tell you they have two weddings a day - at 11am and 3pm.

#13 Infinity22

Infinity22
      • 1,520 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 06:51 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Chelle
        We're getting married at the Excellence resort in Playa Mujeres and I can tell you they have two weddings a day - at 11am and 3pm.
        Ahh, that makes sense. Ours is at 11am.

#14 jhildebr

jhildebr
        • 12 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:43 PM

I was in contact with a wedding coordinator today at Excellence in Punta Cana and she told me that if the wedding group is 30+ ppl then there will only be 1 wedding per day.

#15 tsmb

tsmb
          • 7 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:39 PM

I am getting married at the Excellence Riviera Cancun in November. I think I read somewhere here that people weren't interested in ERC because their rooms are on the high end. Also, they do not allow children. Here are some of the pictures Ana (WC) sent me.

Click the image to open in full size.
            Beach Ceremony

Pier Ceremony

Gazebo Ceremony

Reception location

The Foyer is also the alternative location for the ceremony if it is raining. They do it at the end, were the people/band are standing. It actually has a great view of the ocean. The large wood doors, I think, lead into the banquet room, which is also a reception/wedding option. There is a court yard that can be used for a reception location. I took pictures of that and will attach those later. You can also have a reception on the beach, but you must have a min of 50 guests.

The gazebo is very pretty, but in a horrible location. It's pretty much right in the middle of the resort. There is a bar to the left of it. It's a high traffic area.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I'll try to post the pictures I took tomorrow.

#16 jhildebr

jhildebr
            • 12 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:34 PM

Fabulous pics....thanks so much...I look forward to seeing your pics:)

#17 Infinity22

Infinity22
              • 1,520 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:49 PM

What I've always wondered is what the individual room types look like. They don't offer many photos on their website.

#18 tsmb

tsmb
                • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:54 PM

I forgot to take a picture of the room!

I took this picture from tripadvisor.

I will try to get my pictures posted tonight, they are on a different computer than I usually use.

Liberty, aren't you getting married there in a couple of weeks?

#19 tsmb

tsmb
                  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:58 PM

Sorry I meant Infinity!

#20 Infinity22

Infinity22
                    • 1,520 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:37 AM

Yeah, my fiance and I leave for our wedding/honeymoon a week from tomorrow! The photo you posted of the room looks like all the others that I've seen. I just wonder how all the suities vary from each other. Does anybody have any photos of the rooms outside of the one from above? I found a pretty good video on YouTube (see below) that goes through one of the rooms. I'll be sure to take plenty of photos of my room when I'm there.

YouTube - Excellence Riviera Cancun Vacation (Part 2)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users