DIY Invitation Tools

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Opice34

• 414 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:25 PM

Okay, you guys are so crafty! What are you using to make these DIY invitations? How do you cut the paper straight? Are you just using a regular ruler? I can't imagine even making anything decent with normal office supplies!! Are there special invitation making tools or scrapbooking stuff or something? You guys are so good!

#2 Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 4,513 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 12:33 AM

I went to Hobby Lobby ( the only craft store in my small town ) and bought some aqua paper for the background - I found clip art on the internet ( a starfish ) and just used my HP software - The easiest thing is just to start playing around with it and find out what you like best! I also ordered some baby starfish off ebay to embellish - Good Luck!

#3 Jentwo

• 66 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 12:46 AM

I bought a paper cutter from Office Max and a separate blade that perforates. I plan on having Kinko's do the cutting though since I have ~125 invitations! Since I'm making boarding pass invites with ticket sleeves I also bought an exact knife to do the "fine" cutting manually.

#4 StephanieMN

• 1,798 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 01:23 AM

I love my paper cutter! Mine is like this Fiskars paper cutter at Stitch-R-Stuff and More but a lot nicer. I would say that has been our best investment. I paid around $30 for it but use it all the time. I swear FH gets shakey just seeing a scissor :)

#5 becks

• VIP Member
          • 4,881 posts
          • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
          • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
          • LocationNew York

Posted 19 January 2008 - 10:42 AM

Yes - have to use a paper cutter. And, having used the old "guillotine" style one at the office, I'm SO making the investment in a rotary cutter.

But it is a function of playing around with it until you get a look or idea that you like.

If you need any pointers, feel free to PM me with questions or samples. Happy to help in any way I can.

And we all love to see PICS!!!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users