Hi everyone!

I haven't been on this site for a while b/c of some family stuff I was dealing with but I'm starting some planning again and hoping to send out my invitations soon. (as soon as I make them ...) I was wondering if I should send invitations to those that I know for sure will not be able to attend my wedding. I think I should but I just wanted to know what your thoughts are about this.

Aimee

Along those same lines, how soon or how long should a couple wait to send them out before the wedding. We're communicating w/our guests/invitees via email to get them all prepared and urge them to book for the weekend of our wedding if they plan on coming because Tammy advised us that Dreams Los Cabos books up for November quick!!! So, we had to push for everyone to get in motion for this so that we could be assured that our guests could stay at the same resort as us (else pay the $100 day pass if they end up staying somewhere else and coming on the resort for welcome dinner, then ceremony + reception). Should we wait to send out the invites closer to the actual wedding or go ahead and send them now? So sorry to hijack this thread but it's kinda along the same lines.

Aimee.. I am, even if I'm 99.9% sure they won't go - I don't want to make that decision for them, or end up offending them... especially since I wanted to invite them in the first place!

Claudia - My wedding is next May, and I'm sending out invites in July or early July for the same reasons! I say, the sooner the better... it's not like they'll forget (or hopefully not!). Get them to book through your TA (Tammy?) as soon as they can... it'd suck if they'd have to pay the $100 day pass just because they couldn't book soon enough. Then, if they end up booking too late, it's their fault, not yours.

Good point. Now, that brings another good question though, if they do 'sleep' on this and make reservations too late and end up staying at another resort, it's our responsibility to pay their day pass, isn't it? I mean, ettiquette-wise. I mean, that'd be weird for them to have to pay $100 to get into our wedding, wouldn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clussy75 View Post
Good point. Now, that brings another good question though, if they do 'sleep' on this and make reservations too late and end up staying at another resort, it's our responsibility to pay their day pass, isn't it? I mean, ettiquette-wise. I mean, that'd be weird for them to have to pay $100 to get into our wedding, wouldn't it?

Haha - I don't think so!! I say if you give them enough notice to book everything, it is now their responsibility. I would stress the fact that it books up fast, otherwise there is a daypass. I'm not Miss Etiquette or anything, but I will not be paying for anyone's day pass unless it's my fault they're not staying at the resort. Why should you fork over hundreds (perhaps even thousands... depending on the # of people not staying) of $$ because they didn't book on time?

((temporary sigh of relief)) Amen! I mean, since your answer is what I wanted to hear, I'm gonna go with it and regretfully inform guests that if they are not able to book ontime... wait, do I even say "if you don't listen to what we keep trying to relay to you guys, you gon' have pay $100 to come to our party"? How very Bridezilla to say, no? I suppose we just don't mention the day pass in that worst case scenario? I keep tossing this around and believe me, we've sent at least 4 emails so far with Tammy's info, the urgency to book so that we can have our loved ones with us for this big day for us and all that jazz so we're starting to feel like spammers.

I'm rambling.

Thank you for the feedback!

Well, I'm not going to mention the urgency or the day pass on the invitation, but after about a month, I'll send an e-mail/letter to those who have not booked and strongly encourage them to book as soon as possible - and thats when I'll mention the day pass as well. Something to the effect of "As you may know, Dreams Los Cabos is very busy in May and tend to book up by x month. If you choose to book with an outside resort, please be aware that there is $100 day pass per person to enter the resort for the wedding...etc"

I added the day pass info on our website. (our guests will be expected to cover) I'll be sending invites approx 4 months before the wedding date as a reminder to those people who tend to procrastinate that times almost up.

Most of our guests booked right after I sent out our Save the Dates (some before they even went out!)