• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 anaderoux

anaderoux
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 12:47 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stray
    The JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa/CasaMagna Marriott Cancun Resort will perform Catholic weddings at their Nuptial Gazebo. Although it's not directly on the beach, the gazebo does overlook the ocean. It's the first ocean view gazebo in Cancun authorized to perform Catholic weddings.

Oh my God really
    why is it authorized

#12 Stray

Stray
    • 14 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 01:35 PM

I don't know why it is authorized, I assume because there is enough demand for it. I wouldn't be surprised if other hotels do the same. If you want more information about the Catholic ceremonies at the Marriott in Cancun, or want to see a photo of their wedding gazebo, go to Find A Resort - StrayWeddings.com

#13 anaderoux

anaderoux
      • 3,220 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 01:41 PM

Thanx!! the sad part is that I have already booked my wedding at the Fiesta Americana Condesa

#14 salsa_bride

salsa_bride
        • 45 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:35 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Stray
          I don't know why it is authorized, I assume because there is enough demand for it. I wouldn't be surprised if other hotels do the same. If you want more information about the Catholic ceremonies at the Marriott in Cancun, or want to see a photo of their wedding gazebo, go to Find A Resort - StrayWeddings.com
          Wow!!! That is EXACTLY what I've been looking for!! Does anyone have a map of where this hotel is located in relation to other resorts? particularly AI? Has anyone been married here at the Marriott and had the Catholic ceremony? We're actually researching Mayan Riveiera at the moment as it is cheaper and more accessible for our many guests... any other places offer something like this also?? Thanks!!

#15 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 3,754 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:02 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by salsa_bride
            Wow!!! That is EXACTLY what I've been looking for!! Does anyone have a map of where this hotel is located in relation to other resorts? particularly AI? Has anyone been married here at the Marriott and had the Catholic ceremony? We're actually researching Mayan Riveiera at the moment as it is cheaper and more accessible for our many guests... any other places offer something like this also?? Thanks!!

FYI: there is another post somewhere (RM/Cancun area), but they mention that they have a Catholic Wedding Chapel, it really is a large gazebo with church pews. I believe it was for the one of the palace resorts. It looks very nice. Check with Jackie, I believe she posted it.

#16 anaderoux

anaderoux
            • 3,220 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:06 AM

Here's a great map (definitly adding it to my webpage)

Marriot is near the Melia and the Cancun Palace (both all-inclusive)

Click the image to open in full size.

#17 salsa_bride

salsa_bride
              • 45 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:19 AM

that's a great map!! Thanks!! where do you get your maps?!

#18 anaderoux

anaderoux
                • 3,220 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:26 AM

google, I'm a Click the image to open in full size. freak

#19 Leia78

Leia78
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,459 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 07:57 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by MERRYME
                    I'm sorry I think you missunderstood. we are not having a catholic wedding. we will be exchanging vows and doing a civil ceremony on the beach followed by the "blessing". I think this will make veryone (grandma) feel like it is a little more meaningful.
                    OMG, i think you may have solved one of my biggest dilemmas! My FI and I are both raised Catholic. My mom, especially, is not too crazy of a non-traditional ceremon. She jokes she will be carrying a bible w/ her. Anyways, I think she would feel better about our wedding if we were at least blessed by a priest. Do you mind posting your ceremony itinerary (readings, vows...)? Are you going to be reciting the catholic vows and having readings from the bible?

#20 Leia78

Leia78
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,459 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 08:00 PM

OOps, totally missed the 2006 portion of this thread . Does anyone have any experience w/ this type of scenerio/ceremony?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter