Photo

Bridal Shower Invite wording...how to ask guests to use eco-friendly wrapping paper?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#9 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
  • 444 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 07:05 PM

My friend and I are in the process of planning a bridal shower. I would like the invitations to ask guests to use recyclable wrapping paper or to be creative with how they wrap gifts...use newspaper, paper bags, or just not wrap them at all. I don't want the invite to be tacky...the idea is to save money and be environment friendly.

Any ideas?

#10 Morgan

Morgan

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,753 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 07:11 PM

I like this idea. I tried it once christmas. I wrapped presents for a work party gift swap in magazines. People didn't get it. my two gifts were the last two picked, even though they were good presents.

i hate seeing how much paper gets tossed after the holidays.

#11 midnight24

midnight24
      • 754 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:27 PM

How about suggesting items be wrapped creatively with tea towels & a recipe the couple may enjoy cooking together in the kitchen. Or in baskets that they can re use for decoration, storage. Laundry hampers etc.

Just say in the invite that the shower is eco-friendly and all gifts (wrapping included) needs to have a re-usable purpose! Makes people think creatively. You will probably still end up with some gifts wrapped, but at least it will limit most of it.

#12 midnight24

midnight24
        • 754 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:27 PM

How about suggesting items be wrapped creatively with tea towels & a recipe the couple may enjoy cooking together in the kitchen. Or in baskets that they can re use for decoration, storage. Laundry hampers etc.

Just say in the invite that the shower is eco-friendly and all gifts (wrapping included) needs to have a re-usable purpose! Makes people think creatively. You will probably still end up with some gifts wrapped, but at least it will limit most of it.

#13 AlmostaSeif

AlmostaSeif
          • 90 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 05:47 PM

I think this is a great idea! Maybe instead of putting this on the invite, tell them? OR you can include something in the envelope (like a seperate piece of small paper) that offers a prize for the best eco-friendly wrapped gift?

#14 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
            • 444 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:19 PM

I love the idea of offering a prize! Thats great! That will definitely be more movtivating to the guests. Thank you, thank you!!

#15 Morgan

Morgan

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,753 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:18 PM

the prize is a great idea

are you taking it farther and making the whole shower eco friendly? you can do evites instead of paper invites.

#16 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
                • 444 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:41 PM

I would love to do evites, but my friend's mom is hosting the shower and my friend and I are just helping with invites, favors, centerpieces. She requested that we send out invities with RSVP cards.

I am trying to incorporate eco-friendly ideas into the whole shower...so far I haven't thought of anything fantastic...maybe seed packets for the favors and recycled wine bottles with flowers as the centerpieces.

Does anyone have a good idea?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter