Part Two: 5 More Tips for Planning the Perfect Honeymoon TripHoneymoon Planning Tips Travel Expenses Travel Agents Budgeting
Hoping to plan the perfect honeymoon trip to top off your wedding experience? We've already given you 5 tips to guide you as you plan the ideal honeymoon, but here are 5 more suggestions to ensure that your honeymoon overflows with wedded bliss.
(See Tips #1 thru #5 here)
6. Fly during off-peak days and times. Opt for traveling on non-peak days and times, for example, traveling on a Tuesday or Wednesday often yields cheaper flight prices, which can be reduced even further if you're open to taking a red-eye or late night flight. That's not to say, book the flight that leaves you with 2-4 layovers, because extending your travel time can be exhausting and may require you a few days to recuperate, but definitely consider an off-peak travel schedule because it could save you big bucks in the end. Consult with a travel specialist like Wright Travel Agency -- the official travel agency of the Best Destination Wedding Forum -- for the best deals and to ensure that your accommodations are arranged to fit in with your travel schedule.
7. Sleep late and sleep in. Once you arrive to your destination, make it a point to sleep late and sleep in. Don't let alarm clocks wake you, this is your time to completely clock off from the rest of the world and enjoy the love of your life. So say yes to taking that late night walk along the beach to hear the waves crashing or catching that late night movie that happens to pop up on your television. And if you miss breakfast because you decided to sleep in, that's OK too. The key here is to RELAX and enjoy every minute.
8. Plan to do something new and exciting. As you plan your honeymoon, look into an activity or excursion that will bring you and your spouse's heart rate to another level. Do something new together that you'll never forget -- be it something as adventurous as a zipline tour, an amazing but challenging hike or maybe swim with the whale sharks or perhaps something as simple as taking a cooking class together or opting for a salsa dancing lesson. Create memories by doing something out of the norm and don't forget to take pictures!
9. Bring a camera and take lots of photos and video. DON'T forget, I repeat, DON't forget to bring your camera. Snap away at every wonderful moment big or small during this time away with your honey and capture the feelings, sights and sounds of your experience. Smartphones these days are perfectly capable to taking great photos and video, but if you've got an actual camera, bring that too! You will cherish these photos/video years into your marriage.
10. Stay within your budget -- remember you have to live "real life" when you get back. It's easy to go "buck wild" with the wallet when it comes to your honeymoon, but make sure you stay within your budget. If you feel inclined to purchase a fancy dinner, fun excursion or lovely trinket during your time away -- do it. But think twice before you push the button on any big purchase(s) that might break the bank, remember, when the trip is over it's back to real life and you still gotta live and pay the bills!
For assistance on booking a honeymoon or destination wedding, contact Wright Travel Agency -- the official travel agency of the Best Destination Wedding Forum -- at: www.wrighttravelagency.com or you can contact them HERE!
- - -
About me: I am a former BDW Bride AKA as MarieSam and I was addicted to this forum as I planned my own wedding in 2009. Since 2010, I have been the proud owner of MarieSam Sanchez Photography -- a husband and wife photography team based in Southern California and documenting love all over the world. I am also a mother to two girls, an avid traveler and a destination wedding writer/blogger.
|Best Destination Wedding Sponsors|
5 Reasons Why You Should Get Married in Cabo Sa...
DaraNee92 - Nov 12 2017 07:10 AM
10 Reasons Why You Should Stay at an All-Inclus...
DaraNee92 - Nov 04 2017 07:23 PM
Mehndi and Sangeet Ceremony Decor Inspiration b...
Ndinani - Sep 29 2017 03:17 PM
Indian Wedding Ceremony Decor Inspiration by La...
Ndinani - Sep 29 2017 03:14 PM