With so many great destination location options throughout the world, choosing the perfect location for your wedding festivities can be a tough task. But the agents of Wright Travel Agency -- the official agency of the Best Destination Wedding Forum -- are experts on the most popular destination regions and they are happy to share their insight when it comes to choosing the best destination area for your dream wedding celebration.
Here are five reason why getting married in Akumal, Mexico is the right choice for you.
1. You Love the Small Town Feel: There is no doubt that the Cancun-Riviera Maya is a beautiful region, but if you you want to stray from the popularity of this zone by avoiding all the hustle and bustle, then Akumal is the place to be. Here you'll get the beautiful coastal life and picturesque views, but you'll be away from overwhelmingly large crowds and beach vendors. Here, the business, restaurant owners and local residents all know each other -- that's how close knit this community is!
2. You Appreciate Delicious Food: The restaurants in Akumal Bay offer visitors a delicious dining experience and lots of variety. The local small restaurants are closely located near each other so you don't have to ever go too far for a bite to eat.
3. You Enjoy Picturesque Beaches: For many, Akumal is the Riviera Maya's best kept secret. The long powdery beaches and clear azure waters is a huge draw for beach lovers of all sorts. Akumal's bay is protected by a reef, so taking a dip in the warm calm waters is a daily ritual for those who choose to stay in this quaint beautiful town. And if you find that the main beach is a bit too crowded for your taste, just take a golf cart or taxi ride one bay over, and Half Moon Bay offers the same incredible shoreline in an even quieter environment.
4. You Want to be Near the Sites But Away from the Crowds: While Akumal carries that small town vibe, it's still just a drive away to popular excursions and activities, located in between the fun and festive Playa del Carmen and the serenity of Tulum. Nothing is too far from Akumal.
5. You Want a Variety of Lodging Options for Your Guests: Akumal is a wonderful blend of small boutique hotels, just a few larger all-inclusive resorts and a variety of beautiful oceanfront condos and magnificent villas. You can find the right accommodations for any price point range, while still being just a few steps away from the shore. No matter what you or your guests price range may be, there are several options for everyone to enjoy!
To book or inquire about a location for a destination wedding or honeymoon, contact one of the Best Destination Wedding travel agents who specialize in destination wedding and honeymoon travel. You can contact them HERE! or visit the website at www.wrighttravelagency.com
- - -
About me: I am a former BDW Bride AKA as MarieSam and I was addicted to this forum as I planned my own wedding in 2009. Since 2010, I have been the proud owner of MarieSam Sanchez Photography -- a husband and wife photography team based in Southern California and documenting love all over the world. I am also a mother to two girls, an avid traveler and a destination wedding photographer and writer/blogger.