Some couples are set on having their wedding on a particular date that falls on a weekend. But if you're a pair who is more flexible on the date you tie the knot, you may want to consider having a weekday wedding.
Here are five reasons why a weekday wedding may be the way to go for you:
1) It allows your guests to extend their trip into the weekend. While you and your sweetheart may be spending an extended amount of time at your destination location before and after the Big Day, your guests may not have that flexibility. When you plan your wedding a few days before the weekend, it may give them a chance to extend their stay by taking advantage of the weekend. For example, plan your wedding on a Thursday or Friday and that gives your guests the option to take some additional time to unwind on Saturday and Sunday.
2) May help cut down on crowds at your venue. While destination locations usually double as popular vacation spots, having your wedding on a weekday could drastically cut down on the crowds in or around your venue -- especially if you are having a beach wedding. Having your wedding ceremony on the beach on a Thursday could cut back on the chances that you'll have a bunch of swimsuited observers watching the festivities nearby.
3) It will give you some flexibility on the rest of your wedding festivities. When you plan your wedding on a Saturday, it's very likely that your guests will make plans to depart and go home on Sunday. But if you plan your wedding on a weekday before the weekend, you'll be able to schedule other fun group activities during the remaining days thereafter. You'll also have less of a chance of booking a day when another wedding will be taking place, especially if you're having it at a popular venue that hosts more than one wedding a day.
4) Popular vendors are more likely to be available on a weekday. When it comes to booking your wedding at a popular destination location, some couples will find during the planning process that their favorite or preferred vendors may already booked. Popular photographers, videographers, event planners/designers, hair/makeup stylists, DJs or bands will often book weddings several months or even a year in advance. So if you find out that your favorite vendor is already locked into another event, consider a weekday wedding to increase your chances!
5) It may cut down on some wedding and travel costs. While destination locations are no stranger to weekday weddings, you may find that your location/venue or even vendor offers a small price break for a weekday event. It's not common, but definitely worth asking about. You may also find that your weekday event date(s) will also cut down on travel and lodging costs for your guests.
- - -
About me: I am a former BDW Bride AKA as MarieSam and I was addicted to this forum as I planned my own wedding in 2009. Since 2010, I have been the proud owner of MarieSam Sanchez Photography -- a husband and wife photography team based in Southern California and documenting love all over the world. I am also a mother to two girls, an avid traveler and a destination wedding writer/blogger.