5 replies to this topic

#1 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:32 AM

Hi Ladies,

I've been working on my invites all day, and I'm stumped. Should I include the kids menu options on the response card? It only make sense to since we need to include the menu options for adults, right? I'm afraid, that if I don't, we may get the wrong count. (ie, kid getting steak)

We are most likely giving our adult guests a choice of Chicken or Steak while the kids will get Cheeseburger or Chicken Fingers.

How should I word this??

TIA!

#2 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,754 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 11:49 PM

please :)

#3 nylalany

nylalany
      • 625 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:53 AM

I wasn't sure either but I didn't include them. I figure I'm going to have about 7-9 little kids and I am close enough to all involved to call them if they end up responding for their kids in addition to themselves and confuse me. The kids are all 4 and under anyhow - when do you start ordering for kids, do you know? My friend with a 1.5 year old told me his kid eats more than him, so...
        I only liked one of the choices provided by my venue - fish sticks, but I may ask them to serve it with pasta since all kids eat pasta, right? Or is that gross?

#4 nylalany

nylalany
        • 625 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:56 AM

Oh and can we bond over the big destination wedding thing - I haven't seen many other brides with over 100 guests :). You can probably relate to my situation with a baby/toddler/preschooler guestlist! Are preliminary rsvps just by mouth vs. bookings? Or bookings vs. response cards?

#5 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 3,754 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:57 AM

The issue is that we have a large group with lots of kids.

There is no charge for kids 4 and under. Its the 5-12 yr olds I'm worried about. I mean, what if someone indictes "steak" for their 12 yr old. I'm trying to avoid this.

I think pasta is good. Our WC suggested burgers and chicken fingers for the kids.

#6 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 3,754 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:59 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by nylalany
              Oh and can we bond over the big destination wedding thing - I haven't seen many other brides with over 100 guests :). You can probably relate to my situation with a baby/toddler/preschooler guestlist! Are preliminary rsvps just by mouth vs. bookings? Or bookings vs. response cards?

yay! The prelim are from responses we received (sent w/ our STD's). We have about 80 guests booked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users