Sign in to follow this  
JENESIS

payless car rental

Hey Jenesis - we rented a car thru Payless for 16 days. I made the rereservation online. The base rate was $114 per week plus $19/day for the extra two days....then 10% tax, total estimated came to $292.60..

OK, so that's the good news...we had to pay the CDW insurance at $16/day or something. So, we ended up paying like $650 for a "Verna" which is basically a Nissan Sentra. So, $40 per day.

I reserved like 2 months in advance. And, unfortuanately for me the only cc I have is a Discover card, which isn't accepted in Mexico - so I just used by bank Mastercard which provides no coverage. I did inquire though with Payless & they said that you generally have to pay the insurance anyway, regardless of what your credit card policy says. I think some other girls have worked around that.

If you do rent through payless do you have to pick up and return at the airport only or can you pick up or return the car at the resort. For example if we picked the car up at the airport but only needed it for two days could we return it right at the resort instead of having to keep it a week and returning it to the airport? Just wondering.