Bride And Groom Send A Bill To A No-Show Invitee

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 02 October 2015 - 12:41 PM

@calgarybride2015  Wow - wouldn't that be cool to open a wedding card in 5 years!!

@perianjay - how on earth do people justify what they do sometimes? I know that there are people that get married only for gifts. I've heard about it. But to go back the day after and hint directly like that? Yowsers. Talk about bad manners....

The friends that are going with us to Mexico - their daughter got married last August. i know i mentioned the wedding here. Anyway, she actually made a comment about her bridesmaids not giving enough money. And this is about the girls who had laid out for their dresses, shoes, etc and still gave a gift. But according to the bride it wasn't enough "to cover the cost of their plate". We were supposed to go, and i know I upset my friend by not going, but we bowed out for several reasons. We did RSVP that we were going but let them know more than 2 weeks in advance that we had to change plans. Because of that we actually upped the amount that we gave them in their wedding card. This girl is high maintenance let me tell you. She got most of her wedding for free. Her mom is a hairdresser and has been my friend since this girl was 13 (now 29) so a ton of people offered to do things for her for her wedding - the cake, the flowers, her aunt is a photographer so her photos were free, her other aunt paid for her dress. She didn't allow singles to bring a date so my sister backed out too because she didn't want to be alone for the night. With everything they were given, and not having much to pay for, they made out like bandits from their wedding but even a year later it still sounds like none of it was good enough for this girl. Sad that some people view a wedding as a fundraiser instead of a wedding!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#12 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 02 October 2015 - 01:45 PM

Wow!!! Who has a wedding hoping the people's gifts to them cover the cost of their plate! My parents would slap me. We didn't get gifts from most of our bridal party except 2. I could care less. Doesn't phase me one bit. They paid to come to Mexico and for their outfits. That's enough in my mind. They aren't from the Trump family lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#13 MrsCtoB

MrsCtoB
  • 286 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 14, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Valentin Imperial Maya
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:23 PM

I saw this on Facebook recently and chuckled. Weddings really do bring out the worst in some people! That's incredibly tacky and not worth the time, in my opinion. My husband laughs at me because I have this saying that I always use in situations like this but it's so true... too many people focus on the wedding, instead of the marriage. Meaning too many of us women get told that our wedding day is OUR day and fairy tale this and princess that. I think it warps people perceptions on whats really important. The wedding is absolutely one of THE MOST important days of our lives BUT what I think gets missed in the process is that this day is representative of a MARRIAGE! To me, vowing to spend the rest of my life with my best friend and starting that journey together with family was too special to tarnish with bills or talk of who paid what and who didn't. Not to say we are perfect but I don't get how some completely miss how special and sacred the day is and focus just on logistics. Sorry for the rant. Gets me so flustered!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users