12 replies to this topic

#11 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 June 2015 - 07:35 AM

@TinkerSofi thanx for the feedback !!! This sounds like such a good app. I have yet to find anything for android so we will have to get some type of apple device to make this work.

maybe do your research a little bit. I'm pretty sure that if you use an ipod it has to be a nano or a touch so it allows people to swipe through playlists. Also maybe check what's the oldest generation you can get away with. That way if push comes to shove you can probably find an ipod one or two generations older and it will be a lot cheaper than a current one. 

@TinkerSofi Do you see any way that it would "manage itself"? We aren't having a dj - there's 6 of us but I do want the music and have an idea of what the songs are that I want. Does it absolutely have to be managed by someone or is there a way to set it up and let it go through each "party" on its own? I looked at the app but haven't paid for it yet so didn't get very far in terms of looking.

Hopefully I understand your question. The short answer is yes! :) You could change some of the default settings and rather than letting it wait before going on to the next section, it can go on by itself automatically and seamlessly. 

Technically one of you two could easily manage the app if you want to change something midway. Let's say the bouquet toss doesn't take you the whole song, your fiance can be there to override the app, just one swipe and you're back to the party. You really don't need someone by the phone the whole time, only when you're switching gears in the wedding, and it takes one second, one or two swipes and done! 

Let me know if you have other questions. Sometimes it is hard to explain using words hahah. 

event.png

#12 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:13 PM

I'm thinking this might work for us. Just to clarify, this is the app on my iphone that is $8.99 right? We have a very relaxed schedule. As I said, we're 6 so there's no pressure or anything. I'm debating a first look but haven't confirmed yet with Samuel where we can do that. Because it's so easy, I'm not totally worried about timing. We are going into Playa to Styling Trio's studio for hair and makeup then back to whatever the final resort ends up being, then dressing, then back to Grand Coral for our ceremony and pictures there, then some back in Playa then our cocktails and dinner at a restaurant right in Playa del Carmen. It means there is some travelling in between so plenty of time to set up the music, and if it's just a swipe then I think it should be ok.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#13 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:52 PM

I'm thinking this might work for us. Just to clarify, this is the app on my iphone that is $8.99 right? We have a very relaxed schedule. As I said, we're 6 so there's no pressure or anything. I'm debating a first look but haven't confirmed yet with Samuel where we can do that. Because it's so easy, I'm not totally worried about timing. We are going into Playa to Styling Trio's studio for hair and makeup then back to whatever the final resort ends up being, then dressing, then back to Grand Coral for our ceremony and pictures there, then some back in Playa then our cocktails and dinner at a restaurant right in Playa del Carmen. It means there is some travelling in between so plenty of time to set up the music, and if it's just a swipe then I think it should be ok.

It should be that that one. It's called wedding dj. I bought the pack that comes with party monster because it was the same price haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users