12 replies to this topic

#11 dwesle

• 10 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 2, 2016
  • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:34 PM

Hello DestoWeddingers,

I have booked my destination wedding at The Royal in Playa del Carmen. I chose this hotel because it is adult only and right across the street is their sister hotel, which is kid friendly. I have grandchildren that will be attending and 1 son that will be 16 so I thought these would be good hotel for both. I also chose The Royal because it is right off of 5th avenue and there is so much to see and do on that strip. You literally just walk right outside The Royal to 5th avenue. I have been to there 4 times and each time I have been there I have witnessed them setting up weddings and receptions and they do great work. I have also witnessed a few weddings too. It is not very costly and can be affordabe to all. I have given everyone heads up early, so they can start saving for next year. But I am so excited that I have a site to go to get ideas and post ideas before the big day. Then I can share my experience with everyone and will not be considered as a newbie anymore.

#12 Soon2beMrsJ

• 121 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Royalton White Sands - Montego Bay, Jamaica

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:28 AM

Hi @DestoWeddingers Congrats on your engagement!! We're having our wedding at the Royalton White Sands in Montego Bay, Jamaica next month - I had almost the exact same requirements as you! We're having 45 people (including several children), having the ceremony at the beach gazebo and then the reception is poolside at night. It's incredibly stressful planning a destination wedding but I'm sure it will all be worth it!!

Happy Planning  :)

#13 MNsunseeker

• 61 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:58 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users