DestoWeddingers

First Timers

Hello DestoWeddingers,

I have booked my destination wedding at The Royal in Playa del Carmen. I chose this hotel because it is adult only and right across the street is their sister hotel, which is kid friendly. I have grandchildren that will be attending and 1 son that will be 16 so I thought these would be good hotel for both. I also chose The Royal because it is right off of 5th avenue and there is so much to see and do on that strip. You literally just walk right outside The Royal to 5th avenue. I have been to there 4 times and each time I have been there I have witnessed them setting up weddings and receptions and they do great work. I have also witnessed a few weddings too. It is not very costly and can be affordabe to all. I have given everyone heads up early, so they can start saving for next year. But I am so excited that I have a site to go to get ideas and post ideas before the big day. Then I can share my experience with everyone and will not be considered as a newbie anymore.

Hi @@DestoWeddingers Congrats on your engagement!! We're having our wedding at the Royalton White Sands in Montego Bay, Jamaica next month - I had almost the exact same requirements as you! We're having 45 people (including several children), having the ceremony at the beach gazebo and then the reception is poolside at night. It's incredibly stressful planning a destination wedding but I'm sure it will all be worth it!!

Happy Planning  :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
    • Hello Jania! are you bringing any external vendor for your wedding?
    • Looking forward to seeing your cruise wedding photos!!!
  • Topics