Photo

Our Cruise Wedding Website and Email STD :D

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gresley

gresley
  • 164 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:38 PM

I love how the forum shares progress along the way, so I wanted to go ahead and post our mostly finished website and STD.

We wanted a flexible/customizable website where we could have RSVPs and a large degree of control over the content (including having a range of dates, instead of a single "wedding date", because it's a cruise!). After researching several of the wedding website builders, I realized that it would be easier (and more fun!) to just build it ourselves.

It took a lot more time and effort than getting one a theKnot or myWedding.com site, but IMO it was totally worth it. We're both programmers, so it's a fun side-hobby, and not really out of our element. We're not designers, so we bought a WP theme ($35), but added some php of our own to do some of custom things that we were looking for (like, check out the multiple fun markers on the map!). Also, it's not enabled yet, but WP has a pretty sweet plugin for advanced RSVPs. We're looking forward to using it instead of having response cards: http://wordpress.org.../plugins/rsvp/ 

Let me know what you think!! :D

Total cost:

Website theme: $35

Hosting: ~$6 (per year)

DNS: $3 (per year)

#2 ChattCouple

ChattCouple
    • 2 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

Wow - Your website is amazing! I really like the idea of email STDs. Did you have everyones email before hand, or did you have to gather them? I think virtual RSVPs would work better than traditional ones, let us know!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users