Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cmingalone

Customs in DR? Bring wedding stuff?

Recommended Posts

Any advice on this ladies? I'm starting to order gifts, decor etc to spread out expense over next 8 months.. Wondered what the process is for bringing stuff in. Thanks! Carolina Jellyfish-feb 28-2014

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make sure to keep the receipts b/c you will have to show at customs, also each person can't carry more than $300 worth of stuff in the country or you have to pay a tax. My WC said you can't bring in live plants or fruits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by moodyc82 View Post

 

Make sure to keep the receipts b/c you will have to show at customs, also each person can't carry more than $300 worth of stuff in the country or you have to pay a tax. My WC said you can't bring in live plants or frui

How do they differentiate the $300, like what are they counting to be included in that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by jennifer8913 View Post

 

How do they differentiate the $300, like what are they counting to be included in that?

Your receipts is what proves it, they will think since you have multiples of stuff that you are there to sell things

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by moodyc82 View Post

 

Your receipts is what proves it, they will think since you have multiples of stuff that you are there to sell things

oh ok! gotcha!!! I guess just having my wedding dress isnt enough for them lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make sure you print out the emails with the prices and bring with you. Thats what a lot of brides said to do. I write a word doc with all the questions and send to my WC and than she replays next to each question

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by moodyc82 View Post

 

Make sure you print out the emails with the prices and bring with you. Thats what a lot of brides said to do. I write a word doc with all the questions and send to my WC and than she replays next to each question

 

Yes that is exactly my plan!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×