Customs in DR? Bring wedding stuff?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 cmingalone

cmingalone
  • Site Supporter
  • 100 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:04 AM

Any advice on this ladies? I'm starting to order gifts, decor etc to spread out expense over next 8 months.. Wondered what the process is for bringing stuff in. Thanks! Carolina Jellyfish-feb 28-2014

#2 moodyc82

moodyc82
    • 614 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 16, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, DR
    • LocationNJ

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

Make sure to keep the receipts b/c you will have to show at customs, also each person can't carry more than $300 worth of stuff in the country or you have to pay a tax. My WC said you can't bring in live plants or fruits

#3 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
    • 455 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 9, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Now Larimar, Dominican Republic
    • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by moodyc82 

Make sure to keep the receipts b/c you will have to show at customs, also each person can't carry more than $300 worth of stuff in the country or you have to pay a tax. My WC said you can't bring in live plants or frui

How do they differentiate the $300, like what are they counting to be included in that?

"ever thine ever mine ever ours"~ Ludwig von Beethoven, and more famously by Mr. Big!

Now Larimar 8/9/13; I married my best friend! 29 of my closest friends and family celebrated with us! Couldn't have wished for anything better :)

#4 moodyc82

moodyc82
    • 614 posts
    • LocationNJ

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by jennifer8913 

How do they differentiate the $300, like what are they counting to be included in that?

Your receipts is what proves it, they will think since you have multiples of stuff that you are there to sell things

#5 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
    • 455 posts
    • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

Your receipts is what proves it, they will think since you have multiples of stuff that you are there to sell things

oh ok! gotcha!!! I guess just having my wedding dress isnt enough for them lol

"ever thine ever mine ever ours"~ Ludwig von Beethoven, and more famously by Mr. Big!

Now Larimar 8/9/13; I married my best friend! 29 of my closest friends and family celebrated with us! Couldn't have wished for anything better :)

#6 moodyc82

moodyc82
    • 614 posts
    • LocationNJ

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:55 PM

Lol nope, they just want our money

#7 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
    • 455 posts
    • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:32 AM

so true!!! not sure about your resort, but so many hidden fees at mine!!

#8 MrsCSmith

MrsCSmith
    • 5 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:18 AM

Oh no! That makes me more nervous. After speaking to a few WCs in DR, I too am getting the feeling that nothing has a set price.

#9 moodyc82

moodyc82
      • 614 posts
      • LocationNJ

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

Make sure you print out the emails with the prices and bring with you. Thats what a lot of brides said to do. I write a word doc with all the questions and send to my WC and than she replays next to each question

#10 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
      • 455 posts
      • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:30 AM

Make sure you print out the emails with the prices and bring with you. Thats what a lot of brides said to do. I write a word doc with all the questions and send to my WC and than she replays next to each question

Yes that is exactly my plan!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users